Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Some problems with the forum

Licu

Hi,

Sorry if this post is supposed to be in another place (I've tried to put it in the thead with comments about the site but seems that that thread is closed).

So here are some problems I am having with the forums:

On desktop (Chrome browser):

- Don't know why it keeps asking me to insert the captcha text when starting a thread even though I am logged in.

- One time I've forgot to enter the title. So after trying to submit the text, the site announce me that but also reinserted my text as simple text (when resubtimming the form). So my links where now simple texts, even with some portions of their text replaced with smileys. Also all my text has additional excesive new lines (enters) inserted.

- Speaking of new lines. When entering the text and I press enter, a space appear between the paragraphs but after actually submitting the text, this dissapear and only new lines are inserted. It seems that I have to press enter twice to have separate paragraphs, even though this appears as two lines in the insert form.

On mobile (latest Android, Chrome browser):

- When in mobile browser mode, I cannot post. Some text appears: "The two entered words are not matching the context" or something similar (I can try again on the table if you need the exact text).

- When switching the browser in desktop mode, I cannot use Paste to insert text to the new thread forum.

- Also for some strange reasons if I insert the root of your forum in the favorite links, then when accessing this it brings me to a subthread.

- I cannot find your thread on tapatalk application (a very usefuly application to access forums). Don't know exactly their requirements but searching for Seiko 7A38 or something similar doesn't bring up your forum.

I hope this info helps. I really like your site, it is a great source of information for me.

Adrian

December 26, 2013 at 11:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Hi Adrian.

Sorry to read that you're having problems posting. :(

Not sure why this is happening:

- Don't know why it keeps asking me to insert the captcha text when starting a thread even though I am logged in.

All I can suggest is that you try logging out and logging back in again. :/

I use Chrome as a browser too - but only from desktop PC's. No idea (at all) about what happens on tablets / Tapatalk, etc. though.

December 26, 2013 at 12:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Licu
All I can suggest is that you try logging out and logging back in again.

This doesn't help. It always shows me the captcha even after logged in and if I don't insert it I get the following message:

"The two words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again."

Regards,
Adrian
December 28, 2013 at 12:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Try clearing your Chrome's cache.

December 28, 2013 at 12:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Today I've received a message from a new member who is having problems staying logged into the forum.

If I've correctly identified him (and his activity) from the Control Panel, he appears to be using a new-ish browser:

Microsoft Edge 13 (and Windows 10).

Anybody else using it and having issues ? :|

May 5, 2016 at 4:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.