Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > 7Txx General Discussion Area > 7T32 Alarm Chime ?

Rob Benham

I'm now working on a 7T32-7B30.  The alarm can be set but I'm not sure what I'm listening for.

While I was working on another 7T**, the first time I heard the alarm it surprized me by being a quite pleasant chime.  Subsequent tests it seemed to be a single high frequency which is right on the whistle I suffer after years in noisy aircraft.  So, did I imagine this chime - was is a lucky resonace on the desk - or was it just one of my many hearing disturbances?   How would you describe the alarm sound and is it loud enough for people with normal hearing?

January 31, 2014 at 12:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

garacs1

As soon as it is processed, you can check my video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeF62YMTc14

The alarm sound is loud enough to be heard though the whole house, but then again, I do not have your hearing problems. The noise is though quite high pitched.

--

My personal Blog: www.onlyvintagewatches.com/blog

February 8, 2014 at 3:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob Benham

Thanks for that.  Even through the laptop speakers that frequency is badly affected through my ears.  I'll have to come back to the 7Ts.  The 7As are proving to be fairly demanding at the moment.

February 16, 2014 at 4:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob Benham

It's odd how I can still enjoy classical piano.  Last night I wheeled three T series watches to the living room and waited for calls from my wife.  All three sounded, but I could only just hear one.  Just.  :(

http://www.tinnitool.com/en/tinnitus_analyse/hoertest.php

A lot of people in my profession lose their high-end hearing - so much more white-noise in cockpits than folk realise - and hearing some of these modern alarms asumes at least hearing 4kc/sec. 

March 9, 2014 at 7:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

donwatch

I can hear every one except the 11,000 hz :) and 100hz says the ex- USAF    KC- 135 Crew Chief  

March 9, 2014 at 7:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.