Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

Forums

Forum Home > 7Txx General Discussion Area > Mystery watch - probably a 7Txx of some sort (Topic Moved)

Rob Benham

My mate in Ireland has a Seiko.  I'm surprised I didn't know - all I remember about him and watches was a Rolex about 15mm thick!  He was a danger to himself and others with that so his wife bought him the Seiko.  He's not good at seeing little things, and after some time I gave up having gained only this data:

Seiko.  Two pushers on the left, one on the right with two crowns.  Black face with three sub-dial.  Bezel is chunky with large numbers and he thinks ( I wonder) that it does not rotate.

On the back is some kind of logo in the middle and writing around the edge.  He could see 101020   16 Bar  1324  and a 46.   Recent eye surgery and not being able to find his eyeglass did not help.

It seems to have an alarm he was unaware of, and that does set, though no response to setting it.   The tacho does not work and the top two buttons do not click home like the alarm button.  Recently, a dealer changed the battery but could not get other functions going.  

Any notion of what it could be from these scraps of information?

February 16, 2014 at 3:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Some sort of 7Txx, I expect Rob. Sure as hell isn't a 7Axx with two crowns on the right. Hence I'm moving your post to that section.

PS - if you'd said it had a date window @ 3 o'clock, I'd suspect it was almost certainly a 7T32. They have literally 100's of variations.

February 16, 2014 at 3:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Try this little selection of google images for starters.

February 16, 2014 at 3:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob Benham

Oh dear, it was my intention to put it in this section.  Thanks for moving it.

The moments I saw it with a pixelized picture were not enough to sort it from your pictures.  Even today, I was astonished at how many variations there are.  I fear his enthusiasm for watches  did not equal mine.  I'll twist his arm to take some pictures.

February 16, 2014 at 4:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.