Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

Forums

Forum Home > 7Axx General Discussion Area > 7a28-702A bracelet question

memmish

Good evening gents!

I was wondering what the correct bracelet reference for a 7A28-702A is? I also guess it is kind of hard to find one in the wild?

/A

October 27, 2014 at 3:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

The Seiko p/n is G1032S. Discontinued years ago, but you may be able to pick up a used one relatively easily, because a lot of owners seem to prefer wearing the 7A28-702A on a leather strap*, which suits the conventional 20mm lugs (*or heaven forbid - a NATO).

October 27, 2014 at 4:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

memmish

Thanks for the quick reply! Where do they tend to pop up? And what is a fair price? 

October 27, 2014 at 4:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

You might occasionally see them on eBay, but your best bet is probably a WTB advert on a watch forum's Sales Corner ....

I'd suggest TZ-UK or WatchUSeek - or even here. :P Shall I re-title your thread and move it to the Members' Trading Area ?

A fair price ? :/ Depends what you're prepared to pay, but I'd guess around $50 for a secondhand one in decent condition.

October 27, 2014 at 4:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

memmish

I'll keep you posted. I have my eyes on one but its not yet mine :)

October 28, 2014 at 1:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

memmish

So, my first 7a28 is now on my wrist. I gave about 85£ for it and it seems to be in a pretty good shape. I'll post some pictures tomorrow since its so dark up here in Sweden and there is no decent photo light :)

Anyways, serial no. 393100 seems to be produced in September 1983? Correct me if I'm wrong.

The bad news is that it's without it original bracelet and currently on a NATO-strap 8)

How rare is the 7A28-702A? It would be interesting with some history about this particular model. Please fill me in! Have tried the search function on this forum but there ain't much information.

I guess we'll have to wait for the pictures to get up before we can say if my money has been well spent or not. To be continued! 

November 11, 2014 at 11:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Have tried the search function on this forum but there ain't much information.

That's because first and foremost this site was originally dedicated to the 7A38, rather than all 7Axx's.

I did ask the question (a couple of times) a while back:

www.seiko7a38.com/forums/topics/show/12315036-any-volunteers-someone-needed-to-run-a-7a28-model-specific-forum-section

The response was under-whelming. :(

November 11, 2014 at 11:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

memmish
Too bad! Would love to learn more about its history. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cH7kWbZ.jpg[/IMG]
November 11, 2014 at 12:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.