Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

Forums

Forum Home > Parts Info, Tech Tips and Tinkering > Cousins are having a laugh!

7ARCool

On my recent order from Cousins UK I ordered part number EC0060B0A Gasket(s).

I was expecting to get quite a few for the £1.65 + VAT + post............

I received ONE solitary gasket, this is extracting the urine of the highest order!

I have asked before on the forum but will ask again.

Anyone want to get involved in a bulk order as Paul ( Mr 7a38 ) did a few years back?

If I were to source all the gaskets I require from Cousins, the cost would be in the £100's.  :mad:

December 5, 2014 at 4:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

In case anybody is wondering what Chis is referring to ....

See my first few posts at the top of page 2 of the Crystals and Gaskets thread (from January and February 2013):

http://www.seiko7a38.com/apps/forums/topics/show/7187327-crystals-and-gaskets?page=2

I'm on the point of running out of a couple of them - and willing to help others make up another bulk Labanda order.

However, I'm only interested in ordering the two case-back gaskets and two types of pusher seals used on 7Axx's as before ....

Maybe we could push the boat out and add on some 7Axx crown seals, p/n EC0060B01 this time. ;)

December 5, 2014 at 5:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

I've just logged into Labanda's website: http://www.labanda.com.au/Watch-Glass-Seals-g15/Seals-s1/page2.html

and their current prices are $6.50 (AU) for a pack of 5 Flat Seals and $9.00 (AU) for a pack of 10 Mini Seals.

That's a considerable increase on what we paid two years ago - $4.50 (AU) and $6.00 (AU) respectively. :(

On top of that, we'll need to add postage (it was $20.00 AU last time) and factor in the 20% VAT to be added.

December 5, 2014 at 5:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

7ARCool

Thanks Paul, I will be after pusher, crown and caseback seals for 7A28 and 7A38 normal and sports versions.

Possibly best leaving until the New Year to steer clear of the Xmas post and this will give others a chance to join in.

Please let me know when and we can arrange an order. :D

December 5, 2014 at 11:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Your suggested timing was exactly what I was thinking, Chris. ;)

Let's just hope that Labanda don't put up their prices again (from January 1st) in the interim. :/

December 5, 2014 at 11:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil

I think this is a good idea and I would take part in it. At the moment I do not require anything. I think if this was organised that we could do bulk orders. How we all coincide with each other may be a different story.

December 5, 2014 at 5:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

There is NOTHING stopping anybody 'doing their own thing' whenever they want to.

Here's a copy and paste of a slightly later post from the Crystals & Gaskets thread:

Originally posted by myself on February 15, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I'm pleased to say that our little 'toe in the water' joint exercise has subsequently proved rather fortuitous.

I followed it up with a cheeky 'post-mortem' email to Luke of the Labanda sales team in Brisbane. As a direct result ....

To assist international buyers (read those poor victims susceptible to unreasonable VAT / Customs clearance charges),

.... Labanda Pty. will be dropping their minimum order value to $10Au:D

What a result eh ? So now you know where to get your gaskets from. ;)

December 5, 2014 at 5:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.