Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

Forums

Forum Home > 7Axx General Discussion Area > Sticky: The ONE and ONLY WRUW thread ....

tropical fan

Still lovin' the 7A28-7090 Yacht Timer.

July 14, 2017 at 4:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

I hadn't planned to post any more photos of Yema Spationaute III's - honestly. :P Lord knows there are enough of them in this thread already. :roll: Yesterday, I'd posted that 'Bastille Day' wrist shot (bottom of the previous page) in a WRUW thread on SCWF. An old member of this forum 'Whitemonster' (Harry) commented on it and an exchange of emails and PM's followed. I raised the subject of the ex-Izeldor NOS Spationaute III's (Harry had bought a couple at the time). Mine still all live in their original individual lacquered wood Yema presentation boxes, rather than one of my bulk collection boxes. It reminded me that I hadn't checked on them in absolutely ages - I'd bought the first of them nearly 5 years ago. Sure enough, the battery in that one was dead and another was doing the two-second two-step (low battery indicator). So I replaced the batteries in both of them this lunchtime. Seemed a pity not to take a couple more wrist shots while they were out of their boxes. :lol:

1st year production with the broader silver painted hands and plain navy blue strap:

2nd year production, with the narrower polished hands and shark strap:

July 15, 2017 at 9:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

g.creed

My very first 7A38. 7A38-706A. Perhaps my favorite. :)

July 15, 2017 at 2:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

g.creed

And on Bastille Day (thank you Paul) I was making a few pictures. This thing is bling. Something curious to me...it seems to work better as a 7A28 (in full gold) that its 7A38 equivalent. But maybe I would feel differently if I had the 2 side by side.

July 15, 2017 at 2:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

g.creed

And I thought I had a beautiful gold bezel...those high def pictures show otherwise. Would love to have only the small dots in gold.

July 15, 2017 at 3:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Your composition and depth of field are improving Renaud. Remember to keep your feet out of shot. Keep up the good work. ;)

Here's a bit of bling from me, to brighten up a dull overcast Sunday morning. I don't think I've posted a wrist shot of this particular watch before. It's a 7A38-727A SAA126J in NOS condition.

I bought it less than two years ago and like a few others, it's remained in its Seiko presentation box untouched. Reason I got it out ? Simply to replace yet another flat battery. The numpty seller had fitted an undersized #370 !! No wonder it didn't last very long. :roll:

July 16, 2017 at 5:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

So I put that one away in its box again and looked for a cheap beater to wear for the rest of the day. Dug out this stainless 7A38-7270, which definitely falls into the 'cheap' category. I picked it up off eBay Germany on Christmas Eve 2014 for the Euro equivalent of less than a Tenner. :D I keep meaning to get that ding on the top R.H. corner of the watch case repaired, but by not doing it, it always reminds me which watch this is. :P

Incidentally, for anyone who might be following my progress (or lack of it), when time permits, I'm still gradually working my way backwards through this thread, removing PhotoBucket's P500 Ransomware placeholders and replacing them with the original members' photos they were blocking. I've just finished repairing page 56 (which covers posts made between January - March 2016). It's a painfully slow ballsache of a task. :( Thank you for nothing, Photobucket ! 

July 16, 2017 at 9:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Stealth watch version of above.  7A38-7290 SAA095J.

July 19, 2017 at 5:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

I just got my JDM 7A38-6030 out of my collection box - to check the fit, count up the number of links in the bracelet, to compare it with the stainless 7A38-6040 listed on Yahoo Japan earlier today. This one justs fits my wrist, with clasp set on the last pair of adjustment holes. No way would that 7A38-6040 fit me (as I'd suspected). Guess what ? This one, like so many others lately, was also doing the 'two-second two-step' (low battery indicator). Time for another battery replacement. :roll:

July 20, 2017 at 9:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Staying in stealth mode.  Or perhaps not. :P 7A38-7080 SAA033J.

July 21, 2017 at 6:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gufi

7A28-701A for me today

July 24, 2017 at 7:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

After all the rain we've had last week, everything is looking very green. Wearing my 'beater' 7A38-7050 today, my first '7A38 Diver', kindly donated to my collection as a restoration project by German collector Michael Rothe.

July 24, 2017 at 8:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Seeing that scabby Yema N8 Flygraf back on eBay France again yesterday, reminded me ....

There was one of my own 'few' Flygrafs that hasn't seen the light of day in quite a while. It's my very first one and an old favorite.

It may not be the best example, but it's got 'history', being previously owned by Louis-Eric Beckensteiner, ex-president of Yema.

Couldn't make my mind up between these two shots, so here's both of them. 

July 25, 2017 at 5:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.