Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

Forums

Forum Home > 7Axx General Discussion Area > Show and Tell - Your newest incoming 7A

Arpie

Thank you Paul!

It's the same watch, but not the same auction. :P

No backdoor offer needed, the watch has been relisted....and I was patient enough to wait....wait....waaaaait....until the very last moment! 8)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221439364156

It was a steal for that price I admit.

May 29, 2014 at 2:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

donwatch

Gamarp---Dang And double dang--Paul is turning green :lol:

May 29, 2014 at 2:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Au contraire, Don. :P Rare as they may be, they're not exactly my cuppa tea. :/ No whizzing 1/10 second chrono' hand to start with. 

Funny, 'cos I'd had some of the earlier listings @ $575 on my eBay watching page, but somehow missed the most recent re-listing. :roll:

I'm genuinely pleased for Arpad that he got it - the winning bid price of $145.50 certainly was 'a steal'. ;)

May 29, 2014 at 3:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

donwatch

Arpad, It was your turn :) I saw it at $575 and did not book mark it :(  Nice purchase indeed ,cool watch 8)

May 29, 2014 at 3:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sir Alan

Here's my latest, a 7A28-7010

I've been after one of these for a while and whilst this one isn't perfect it's good enough ;)

June 14, 2014 at 2:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Louis Juarez

I recently got these 2 ea.  7A38-7069's....The one on the left came in working order..I just cleaned it up a bit . The one on the right I was able to get working thanks to all the help and Info I got on this forum....Thanks. :) ...I just noticed the date on the right>>>>>OK , all better now 

--

Louis Juarez

June 14, 2014 at 4:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bernard

I have not one, but two 7a48-7000's incoming!

One with the original bracelet, sold as running but with a defective chronograph, but given the description I got from the seller I

The other one was also sold as keeping time, but with defective chrono-hand.

If you look at the picture, you'll certainly see that this watch seems to have the same spring-problem....

July 30, 2014 at 6:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Sorry, Bernard - somehow I'd missed your post. :/ That's in spite of what I wrote in my PM about being 'all-seeing'. Typical. :roll:

Yes that second one certainly looks like it could be a very quick fix ! :D But if I were you, before I replaced the case-back ....

The other thing I'd do is throw away the cheapo' nasty alkaline battery that's currently fitted and replace it with something decent. ;)

August 1, 2014 at 2:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bernard
Good comment, I bought several correct batteries (Varta) for these! No leakage please! Edit: something went wrong with my previous post! Both have the same error: non running chrono second hand! I expect to be able to fix them both rather easily!
--

August 1, 2014 at 3:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bernard

Oops... I did it again. ;)

Another 7A48 coming my way. That's number three. Did I mention being a sucker for moonphases?

This is number 8 in the collection (some Universal Geneve Tricompaxes, a Valjoux 89, a Felsa 693)!

This one is in perfect running condition and came for sale at a quite low price.

August 4, 2014 at 7:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Nothing wrong with collecting 'variations on a theme', Bernard - I do it myself all the time. :P

Notice the difference between the dial printing on this one (SPORTS 100, etc.) compared to your first (with the lady's watch) ? :|

I suspect that was a JDM version, with the minimal printing dial, and that your newest acquisition is the normal export version.

I wrote a bit about the differences (which I'd only just realized myself, at the time) in another thread, a while back:

http://www.seiko7a38.com/apps/forums/topics/show/7319717-seiko-gives-you-the-moon-show-us-your-7a48s?page=3

August 4, 2014 at 9:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bernard

That is correct!

The first was bought in Japan (together with the ladies watch, the seller wrote me about having sold them over there).

There even is a card with the ladies watch, that was filled in by a Japanese jeweller.

August 4, 2014 at 11:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bernard

photo 1E8B3212-BFDA-4A22-8389-875C28D9EE80_zpsldgx6zoe.jpg

And it is in! May 1983, it had a battery that was nearly empty. Replaced it with a new one and it was working well after that movement-wise. The case was incredibly dirty. After dismantling and ultrasonic cleaning (half a dozen runs) both case and bracelet were looking better. Since then, the pushers are working. They were so full of dirt, they didn't function at first.

August 8, 2014 at 5:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

yonsson

Here is my first ever 7A. It arrived today, and so far I love it. Very stylish and comfy to wear. The 1/10 sub-dial looks awesome when it's running.

Sorry, but my iPhone won't enable embedding of the photos. Edit (by Admin): It should, but I fixed it for you anyway, Johan. ;)

August 18, 2014 at 11:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Henk Hoving

That thing looks awesome!

August 19, 2014 at 9:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Henk Hoving

Hi!

And here it is, my first (but pretty sure not my last 7A38, the 7120: Titanium-version, came in the original box with receipt:

Hope the pictures show...! (Edited by Admin.)

August 21, 2014 at 9:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Apologies for the slight delay in replying, Henk. I'm a bit behind, after a couple of busy days at work - currently still in catch-up mode.

Your photos did indeed show, but only four of them - and rather small; the largest was only 375 x 281 pixels. I've fixed that for you. ;) 

As I wrote in our various emails, it looks a pretty decent example, for a decent price too. I think we both made the right decisions. 

August 23, 2014 at 5:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Henk Hoving

Hi again!

What a WTB can do, my second arrived within a week from the first, in really lovely condition. Now, only thing is the rather short bracelet, there is an extender fitted that works but would like to get two original links in there. Anyway, untill then I'll wear it as-is:

Hope the pics work!

August 28, 2014 at 8:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

donwatch

It has been 7 months since anyone posted here :(   OK, I'll give it a go.   This is a sellers photo of a Ferrari Formula  [Seiko 7a38]  that is on the way to me :P    I found it on Ebay at  $119.00 with no bidders and day and a half to go.  I contacted the seller and asked if would do a "Buy-It-Now"   and he listed it for $ 200.00  and I clicked 8)         The seller had listed it  as  "Authentic Ferrari Formula Watch"                          

March 25, 2015 at 3:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Well there was that other Ferrari Formula thread that I hinted (in my PM) you might have used, which deserved a bump, Don. :P

Nice catch all the same. ;)

Seeing that grey shark strap reminded me ....

Regarding your recent question in the 'Red Mist' Ferrari Formula thread about where to obtain straps for these watches ....

That German eBay seller 308dinogt4 who was selling those used red dials around Christmas also listed two of those straps:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231456795394

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231456796928

No red or black ones though. :/

March 25, 2015 at 3:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.