Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > eBay, LeBonCoin, Mercado Libre, Yahoo Japan, etc. > THE CRAZIEST eBay / Yahoo Japan 7Axx prices to date ?

jair1970

Thought as much, I mean all it's got over a standard 7270 (anyone got any nice ones of those knocking about ;) ? ) is the visible lugs, otherwise, meh... it's a pretty standard model.  Ah well, the value of good condition, I suppose...

Didn't even look to be shilled!  We'll probably see another one or two on the bay now, as is usual when a particular model raises the eyebrows with a high price...

November 25, 2012 at 4:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jiminy

We do know, it was listed on this site but disappeared when it was listed on eBay. Do we know the buyer? Or more interesting to me, who was the second highest bidder?

--

November 25, 2012 at 4:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Where (and when) do you think it was listed on this site, James (number 2) ? :/

November 25, 2012 at 5:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jiminy

For the record, I had not seen the old eBay listing on seiko7a38's post when I posted. I don't think it was there at the time

November 25, 2012 at 5:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jiminy

Ops, I need to refresh before posting.  

I can't remember where it is but I knew what it had sold for before I considered bidding. I think it may have been one of your posts, I remember that it was not working when he got it but luckily all it needed was a new battery.

November 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Jiminy at November 25, 2012 at 5:17 PM

For the record, I had not seen the old eBay listing on seiko7a38's post when I posted. I don't think it was there at the time

It took me a couple of minutes to find it. Firstly, I tried looking back through old emails from January - then I went to Dave's feedback.

Plus, as site administrator, I have an infinite post editing time-out window, which comes in handy when composing lengthy posts. :P

But does it make any difference ? :/

November 25, 2012 at 5:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jiminy

Not really, but I look like a dick commenting on the fact we know what the price was. And then the price is posted after the fact but before my post.

does that make sense?

--

November 25, 2012 at 5:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Not really. :D

November 25, 2012 at 6:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PHK

US$497.97!!!!!! This does not bode well for me finding a Reasonably Priced 7A38-706A! This site is to blame!! Now the secret is out about 7A38's. Nice going!!!!!!   Paul sulking in Vegas.

November 26, 2012 at 12:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Chill, Dude. 8) That 7A38-706A price was an absolute fluke one-off. Go check the other eBay links I sent you in my recent PM. ;) 

Edit: PS - Unless someone wants to pay $500 for mine. :P

November 26, 2012 at 1:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PHK

That one was truly in Mint Condition. Per your PM-Oh yes, a couple are on my watch list as we speak! (shhhh!) I'm just not sure about the Yema. A very nice watch, but a little too big at 43mm. A 38mm-40mm dia. is about right for my boney wrist, hence my 7A28's and 7A38. 8)

November 26, 2012 at 1:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Paul - it was not. Trust me - I've studied all Dave's photos. Yes it was in very nice mint-ish condition, but there were a few marks on it.

Incidentally, I've emailed Dave (who hasn't been active on the forum in a little while) and asked him to comment on the price and the winning / losing bidders. He hasn't replied to my email as yet. I guess he's either waiting for payment, or is possibly still in shock. 

Anyway, looks like you won the auction for the one you fancied - for a reasonable price. Congratulations. Now stop sulking ! :P

November 28, 2012 at 6:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PHK

YES!!!!! VICTORY!!!!!!....... Finally after looking for a couple of years and bidding occasionaly I've gotten myself a 7A38-706A. Granted it's not in "Concours Condition" but it will do. A little steel wool and some lacquer thinner and it'll be good as new! (NOT!) It should be here in a couple of days. I'll give it a DNA removal scrub, a new leather watchband, take some pictures and post them. Also thanks for the idea about "eBay sniper" programs, I kind of feel guilty using it. :/

November 28, 2012 at 2:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jiminy

I must have missed that one, where did you find it? Was it incorrectly listed?

November 28, 2012 at 5:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PHK

That watch was a 7 day listing on eBay USA. Came up on my search for "Seiko chronograph". I got lucky! My second 7a38, now I'm afraid I've got a Seiko 7A jones! Thank you Seiko 7A38 Forum!

November 28, 2012 at 8:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Moustachio

erm WTF!!?!?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seiko-7A28-6000-Bishop-bracelet-original-7-extra-links-/130813539392

December 4, 2012 at 7:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

I was wondering when someone (else) was going to comment on that recent listing. :lol: Thought it might be you, somehow, Daz. ;)

Given the apparent condition in the seller's photos, your post might have fitted better in the 'Optimistic' eBay prices thread ....

But then somebody would truly need to be 'Crazy' (or p!ssed out of their skull) to pay $200 for that very tired Bishop bracelet. 

December 4, 2012 at 7:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Moustachio

I nearly fell off my chair when I saw it, and I hadn't had a tipple!

December 5, 2012 at 7:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Seiko7A38 at June 2, 2012 at 10:29 AM

James' favourite Italian eBay seller 'Goffre78' may ask, and occasionally get away with, some of the most ridiculous prices on eBay,

but he also turns out the occasional extremely rare 'gem'. I'm not sure if he's listed this before, because the photos are dated May ....

But he's currently offering a genuinely rare NOS 7A36-7000 'Surf Timer' in the most desirable colour combination - black and yellow:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190685833300

SEIKO VINTAGE WATCH 7A36-7000 SURF TIMER PIECE MUSEUM ULTRA NOS RARE NEW MEGA

Yours for a mere MEGA $840.00 (approx. £547.73). 

Mind you, Goffre78 isn't the only one asking crazy LUDICROUS prices for 7A36 Surf Timers  (and other 'mint-ish 7Axx's). :roll:

Of course, we have a couple of would-be profiteering re-sellers, asking 'pie-in-the-sky' prices, a little closer to home, don't we ? 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221163869884

SEIKO 7A36-7000 SURF TIMER 'A real Minter' Highly sought after & Best Colour!

Although the current would-be seller has humorously obscured the serial number, might I suggest one compares the alignment of the case-back lettering and removal notches with the identical example in Goffre78's second photo. Too much of a coincidence, I'm afraid.

So from one totally deluded Italian eBay seller to an apparently similarly afflicted Welsh would-be profiteering re-seller. 

Nearly forgot to mention - yours now for a mere £799.00 

December 10, 2012 at 11:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Moonphaze

Woop Woop Yeah Baby fame at last...!! Wanna buy it fella's? Throw me a figure... any figure something we can bounce around, NO SENSIBLE OFFER REFUSED! and to all my old customers on this forum.... your Id is safe. Nod Nod wink wink :lol: I never disclose a discreet sales figure.

December 10, 2012 at 1:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.