Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Originally titled: Referral needed - continued with Site / Forum statistics

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Regarding this thread posted by a newbie on RLT yesterday morning:

http://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=73005

Anybody feeling brave enough to post a link to this forum ? :D

February 2, 2012 at 4:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

bpc

I politely pointed him this direction.

February 2, 2012 at 10:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Thanks, Brandon. ;)

I hope that doesn't get you into too much trouble. It'll be interesting to see in the OP actually gets a chance to read it. :/

I suspect the entire post (if not the link) will get deleted fairly rapidly. :(

Short of actually posting the URL link, there isn't much else you could do. I haven't submitted the website to Google's search engines yet. Nor do I plan to, at least not until we've got the proper header banner up, and before I've completed a lot more work on some of the other pages. :)

Edit to previous: I wasn't keeping that close an eye on it, but 3 hours later your post had gone.  :roll:

February 2, 2012 at 10:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

bpc

Isn't a little bit ridiculous that they censor a contributor they know nothing about (me) just because of ill will they hold for you?  They don't know me from Adam, and, as far as they know, I don't know or care about the prior events.  Obviously, it's their forum, and they can run it as they please, but to prevent knowlege from reaching people who want it seems a little childish to me.  Oh well.  Maybe I'll try getting the OP some help in another way.  Only about half a dozen more posts over there until I can PM...

February 2, 2012 at 3:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Thanks - but don't sweat it, Brandon. In this case, it won't do any good racking up the required 50 posts - the newbie has a LOT further to go, before he can receive PM's.

I'll tell you what else p*sses me off about RLT, too. There are a good few people like the previous poster 'eelblady' who give totally useless replies (as he did), which if you read the OP's original post, tells him almost NOTHING he didn't know already. :roll:

Are you beginning to understand a little better why I finally decided to leave now ? ;)

February 2, 2012 at 3:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

As an interesting little footnote to this thread, I don't think the site will be needing too many more referrals. :)

I was enthusing to a work colleague about the new layout / format changes at lunchtime, and he informed me ....

'Do you realize, that if you google Seiko 7A38, your website already comes up on the first page of the search results ?'

Which is pretty amazing, seeing as it's been running less than a week, and I haven't submitted the site to Google's search engines.

Nor have I yet implemented any of the 'little tweaks' which I hope will ultimately take the site right to the top of the rankings. ;)

Not only that, but depending whether you run that search in IE or Chrome ....

We've ALREADY overtaken certain other 'larger' watch forums in the rankings ! :D

February 3, 2012 at 9:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Incidentally, on Sunday (12th) we had our biggest influx of new unique visitors to date (in a single 24 hour period) - 71 !  

.... including our very first visitor from Japan. 

The thread which seemed to be getting the most attention was this one:

http://www.seiko7a38.com/apps/forums/topics/show/7203392-7a38-6000-saa039j-stainless-small-size-diver-panda-

February 14, 2012 at 1:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Thanks to Henrik de Keiser, owner of http://www.horlogeforum.nl for the referral: http://www.horlogeforum.nl/read.php?19,555042 ;)

Google translates roughly as follows:

Through Horlogebanden.com I came into contact with Englishman Paul, who is avid collector of Yema Spationaute (III) and Seiko 7Axx watches. He has recently started a website, especially for lovers of 7Axx Seiko watches (the first analog quartz chronographs) and has an (english) forum. He would like to see Dutch fans 7Axx Seiko watches (and I mean only that watches) will take a look and maybe some help to his forum (which must be in English!) and I promised him to sign here. So here it is: [ www.seiko7a38.com ]

Take a look, it's still early but who is beautiful from what it can get.

February 22, 2012 at 7:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Seiko7A38 at February 14, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Incidentally, on Sunday (12th) we had our biggest influx of new unique visitors to date (in a single 24 hour period) - 71 !  

.... including our very first visitor from Japan. 

The thread which seemed to be getting the most attention was this one:

http://www.seiko7a38.com/apps/forums/topics/show/7203392-7a38-6000-saa039j-stainless-small-size-diver-panda-

We seem to be holding our own. :)  Here's a Q&D graphical representation of our first month's traffic, in unique visits per day:

Over the last week, we've had new vistors from Australia, Canada, Columbia and today, our first from Hong Kong.

February 27, 2012 at 5:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Still holding our own, I'm pleased to say. :)

Another peak of nearly 100 unique visitors in 24 hours on March 5th / 6th, but a normal day seems to average 55 to 60:

Yesterday we had 3 different visitors from Japan. Funnily enough all searching on 7A38-6030. I wonder why ? 

Our first two visitors from Albania (and Romania) earlier in the week - but I forgot to save the screen captures. 

Here's what an average normal day looks like by visitors / country (before more US visitors come online, during their evening):

March 16, 2012 at 7:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

I probably should have started a new topic for this, but as it isn't possible to split out posts from a thread, I've re-named it, instead.

Although the number of active / registered members is staying pretty flat - and I'm quite happy to 'keep it small' for the moment ....

We seem to be picking up a number of 'new unique' visitors who are finding the site through google searches. Unfortunately, some of them seem to straightaway home in on the 'Photos' tab, which I've deliberately kept empty for the time being, until other sections are more complete; find nothing there and go away again, empty handed, rather than taking a few minutes to explore the rest of the site.

However, on occasions, we appear to be giving the punters exactly what they're looking for. On the 11th March, an opportunistic would-be seller listed a 'junk' 7A38-6030 on Yahoo Japan auctions, with what can only be described as an utterly ridiculous opening bid price of 100,000 Yen. The next day I commented on it, in both the 'Craziest prices' thread, and the relevant thread in the 7A38-xxxx model specific section. The following day, we had 3 unique visitors from Japan*. Guess which thread they homed straight in on ? :)

I wish I'd taken a screen capture of the stats on that (otherwise fairly unremarkable) day. You'll just have to take my word for it. ;)

Here's a few of the searches which bought people to the site yesterday (again, a fairly average sort of day):

But check out the diversity of their locale (it was still early in the day for US visitors):

* Doh ! That'll teach me to read my previous post before writing the next one, and forgetting that I'd already mentioned something. :roll:

March 31, 2012 at 2:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

jair1970

Man, there is waaaay too much fun to be had with all of these statistics.

REMEMBER TO KEEP FOCUSED! ;)

March 31, 2012 at 4:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Tell me about it James. ;)

I continue to be amazed by the diverse nationalities of our visitors.

Here's today's, so far (once again it's still early for most of  the USA):

April 5, 2012 at 3:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jair1970

Well we have a new tagline:

BIG IN MACEDONIA

I'd like to extend warmest greetings to our Balkan friends:

Здраво и добредојде на Seiko 7a38 од страна на броеви

:)

April 5, 2012 at 7:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

'Big in Macedonia' James ? :/ That's nothing ! ;)

I was enthusing to a work colleague about the new layout / format changes at lunchtime, and he informed me ....

'Do you realize, that if you google Seiko 7A38, your website already comes up on the first page of the search results ?'

Which is pretty amazing, seeing as it's been running less than a week, and I haven't submitted the site to Google's search engines.

Nor have I yet implemented any of the 'little tweaks' which I hope will ultimately take the site right to the top of the rankings.

Has anybody googled 'Seiko 7A38' (using Chrome or IE) lately ?   

We're # 1 in the rankings ! 

April 9, 2012 at 6:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JSS

Congratulations Paul, that's fantastic in such a short time.

April 9, 2012 at 5:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

I'd like to extend warmest greetings to our Balkan friends ....

How's your command of Croatian, James ? 

April 10, 2012 at 11:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jair1970

Ne tako dobro kao što bi mogao biti, Pavao! Povratak u školu za mene ...

But, of course you knew that! :D

April 11, 2012 at 4:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Just noticed that the forum now has 1000 posts up.  Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far. 

April 26, 2012 at 7:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

There are stirrings in 'Sleepy Hollow'. :roll:

Thanks for the plug, Mike: http://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=75193 - but we really don't need the extra traffic. ;)

May 1, 2012 at 6:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.