Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

Forums

Forum Home > eBay, LeBonCoin, Mercado Libre, Yahoo Japan, etc. > The 7A28-7120 RAF Gen 1 PriceWatch thread

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Here's 'another' 7A28-7120 RAF Gen. 1 'head only', listed in the early hours of this morning by a would-be profiteering US eBay seller, with a risible 'pie-in-the-sky' Buy-it-Now price of $1250 !!  He's offering it through eBay's GSP programme, which for anyone foolhardy enough to contemplate buying it would potentially add another $330 charges on top of that ! 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401387431562

SEIKO GEN 1 RAF 7A28 MoD CHRONOGRAPH WATCH - GREAT CONDITION *RECENTLY SERVICED*

Up for auction is a pre-owned Seiko R.A.F. chronograph.

This watch is in excellent condition with no major scratches, scrapes, dings or dents beyond normal daily wear (please see pics for up close condition).

All functions (time, chronograph, crown, pushers) are working perfectly and functioning 100%.

Case back markings are all crisp, clear and in excellent condition.

The watch measures 38mm in diameter and has a 20mm lug width. Please note: the lugs themselves are fixed to the case and are non-removable as was called for by the MoD.

This watch has just returned from Seiko Corp. for service (please see last pic). All functions were tested, the water resistance was certified and a new battery was installed.

A highly collectable and rare watch with an amazing military heritage. A must for all collectors.

**FREE SHIPPING**

Any and all questions welcome. Additional pictures available upon request.

International shipping available through EBay's Global Shipping program.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brief history of the watch:

In 1984 the British MoD (Ministry of Defense) contracted with Seiko to produce chronographs for its air force. The Gen 1 was the product of this partnership and was issued to R.A.F. pilots from 1984 to 1990.

For more information about the watch please see the January 28, 2014 article from WornAndWound.

Ignore the typically bnllsh!t description and instead I strongly recommend that you check the seller's photos very carefully ....

Firstly, this watch has NOT been fully serviced, as implied by the title and description. It's merely had a replacement battery fitted:

This I'm afraid, is yet another case of Déjà Vu. It may not look quite as shiny as before in the first photo, but check out the others:

In case that issue number 0365 / 84 and the highly polished finish doesn't begin to look vaguely  familiar ....

I suggest you go back and read the preceding posts regarding previous eBay sales of this watch, starting on page 26;)

It was last sold (at a loss) on June 25th by US eBay seller nky_serenity_1975 (who incidentally has since changed their username to vintage_watch_lover) for a best offer of $650. Ironically, when nky_serenity_1975 first listed it for sale, at the end of May, they also tried a 'pie-in-the-sky' Buy-it-Now price of $1250. So that's probably where the current would-be re-seller deco665 got the idea from. Below follows a quote of what I'd hoped was my last post about this watch. :roll:

August 20, 2017 at 8:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Seiko7A38 at June 25, 2017 at 12:57 AM

I hadn't bothered adding another update to the saga of 'the polished turd' 7A28-7120 RAF Gen. 1, but earlier this week, the would-be US eBay re-seller nky_serenity_1975 had re-listed it once again, with the Buy-it-Now price further reduced from $790 to $750. That re-listing ended in the early hours of this morning.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292160245274

Sold not for $750, but as shown by WatchCount.com's look-up tool, actually sold against a lower Best Offer of $650.

As confirmed by the eBay Offer History: http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=292160245274

Which, unless I've missed any, currently now leaves only one other long-running listing for a 7A28-7120 RAF Gen. 1 on eBay ....

Yup - the same watch - a.k.a. the over-polished turd, issue # 0365 / 84 is back once again !! 

August 20, 2017 at 8:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Seiko7A38 at August 20, 2017 at 6:33 AM

This slightly confusing series of listings for (ONE each) 7A28-7120 RAF Gen. 1 appeared on eBay late last night, listed by a UK seller - one who is clearly a dealer, in too much of a hurry to offload his junk, to be bothered to take photos of the individual watches. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272812439851

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272812437143

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272812431246

With the exception of the date, the title and description (which currently tells you bugger all) of all three listings are identical:

Seiko RAF Generation-1 Chronograph

Very good cosmetic condition 1989 Seiko RAF Gen-1 fully original but has a movement problem - sold as a project (1 watch only)

Full Description/Pictures to follow shortly

(This month selling off a lot of military watches I have collected over the years, some vgc - some projects - some hard to find parts)

Trade's & Buying-

I buy & collect military watches, if you would like to trade your old military watch for one of mine or just want to sell your watch please get in touch with a brief description / picture or two + your price.

Interested in any watch (WWII-1990's) military issued any condition considered, also just watch parts straps boxes & ephemera

Also military clocks & vintage military inspired pilots or divers watches - Longines Lemania Hamilton Blancpain JLC IWC Smiths etc

Payment-

I accept Paypal. Bank transfer sent in £'s & fees paid. Postal orders. Cheque only from a UK bank.

If you want the watch posting to an address other than your registered eBay address or to a PO box payment must be by a method other than Paypal!

Postage-

I offer Free UK postage & EU/WW reduced by the same amount as free UK postage.

UK - FREE Special Delivery, next day signed for & insured

EU & Europe - Reduced postage Only £5.50 1st class Royal-mail Airmail signed for + online tracking (where available) & insured

World-wide (zone 1 & 2) - Reduced postage Only £6.50 1st class Royal-mail Airmail signed for + online tracking & insured

Most European countries delivery will take 3-6 working days. World wide 5-9 working days. World wide (zone-2) Australia NZ Far-East & remote places 7-12 working days.

The package will be declared as "Used Watch" & "No Strap" which should stop it getting caught up at customs who often check what watch straps are made from due to CITES import regulations.

It will be declared at full value otherwise you will not be covered for postal claims. Import duties are your responsibility, please check your countries import laws before bidding if you are unsure about import fees. UK to EU there is no fee.

When your watch is posted I will update your ebay invoice with the tracking number, here is where to check for further details https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item

I have never had a problem with lost items, but if a item does go missing in the postal system I will do my very best to help. How postal insurance claims work in the UK is that purchase cost "needs" to be proved, as so to get the full amount of compensation it is always "you" the buyer who makes the claim. How I can help is by getting the forms from the post office & filling in my "seller"portion of the form & then send you the claim form complete with a copy of the original postal receipt. You then fill in the "buyer" part of the form & submit it to Royalmail.com along with a copy of your ebay receipt.

Due to well known postal problems/frauds "I DO NOT POST TO" CHINA (HK is OK), ITALY, NIGERIA, ROMANIA or RUSSIA although if you have good recent feedback for buying watches please contact me & im sure we can work something out!

Feedback-

Please leave me feedback when you receive the watch, if you have any reason for not leaving Good & 5 star's please contact me & we will work out any problems you might have!

Be aware of the stated delivery times to your location from the UK .. also "working days" means not including weekends or holidays. You will see I post the same or next day, & the postage cost to you was a lot lower than the actual cost for a secure postal method. Please do not leave me low star ratings if this is correct.

I leave feedback as soon as payment is received.

Thank's for taking time to look at my auction. Please check out my other auctions for lots more military watches .. Some have been fully serviced with warranty + have passed a water pressure test + I will be listing more types of military watches all in "superb condition" as and when they return from service, you can click on the link below my username to add me to your "follow this seller" list for email updates.

Regards, Ken.

And the same group shot photo is currently used for all three listings.

More observant readers will have noticed that photo shows four 7A28-7120 Gen. 1's and two 7T27-7A20 Gen. 2's.

But if you check the seller's other items, you'll find in his rush, he's currently erroniously listed 3 of each type.

So presumably when Ken finally gets his act together, one of those listings for a 7T27 may mysteriously mutate into a 7A28. :roll:

With my apologies for the lengthy quote (to carry forward the relevant post forward from the bottom of the previous page) ....

But here's the first of those corrected listings for his 7A28-7120 Gen. 1 projects, revised by the seller a matter of minutes ago:

I'm only going to bother copying and pasting the relevant portion of the description (specific to this particular watch):

Seiko RAF Generation-1 Chronograph -Project watch

1986 Seiko RAF Gen-1 fully original watch that has a movement problem - fitted a battery & there was some life - the chrono & seconds hands twitched a little but that's all.

Lume on the hour hand has a few blotches, original crystal has a few light scratches, case has a few marks mainly on the crown side. Some tape residue on the movement & case-back from where someone added tape to hold the battery down.

Crown & pushers work, movement looks clean with no sign of corrosion but have not removed the top plate.

Good project watch or might be worth sending to Seiko.jp for a service

Bought as seen. No returns on this watch!

Check out my other auctions for more project Seiko RAF watches

(This month selling off a lot of military watches I have collected over the years, some vgc - some projects - some hard to find parts).

August 20, 2017 at 9:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Here's the second of the corrected listings for those 7A28-7120 'Project' watches, revised by the seller about half an hour ago.

Note that apart from 'or Parts' being added to the title and the description suitably amended - dare I say 'watered down' :P :lol: ....

.... The Buy-it-Now price has been reduced from the previous fanciful 'ball park figure' of £550 to a mere £300. :roll:

Seiko RAF Generation-1 Chronograph - Parts or Project

Here' s a 1988 Seiko RAF Gen-1 fully original but has had a gasket failure / water damage - sold as a project or for parts

I don't think the watch has been flooded with water more so the gasket has failed & moisture gradually got in .....

The dial looks perfect & just has some rust dust on it from the movement, I'm fairly sure the moisture did not make it all the way through the case to the dial or hands

Hands & dial look very good

The rehaut is in very good condition

Crown stem & stem gasket all look good

The case back has corrosion on two sides, on one side it extends onto the thread which is partially damaged & the damage extends onto the case-back edge/back

The mid-case has some corrosion on part of the thread but could be cleaned up although would probably not pass a pressure test w/o some serious work

Movement is probably too far gone for repair

All 3 pushers are in ok/good condition & work

Crystal has several scratches

All in good for parts or a serious project

Sold as-is no returns on this item!

(This month selling off a lot of military watches I have collected over the years, some vgc - some projects - some hard to find parts).

August 20, 2017 at 3:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Late yesterday evening, I watched in mild amusement as this incompetent seller continued to screw around with the above listing (item # 272812437143). I'm not sure whether driven by greed or confused by the fact he had 4 7A28 Gen. 1's and only 3 'generic' listings (probably a combination of the two), he continued to make further revisions to this listing into the early hours of this morning.

The previous iteration of this listing - for a water-damaged 1988 7A28 Gen. 1, with rusty movement and case (and Buy-it-Now of £300) has now been completely over-written with details of another 1989 issue watch - back at the original fanciful £550 asking price.

Seiko RAF Generation-1 Chronograph - Project Watch

1989 Seiko RAF Gen-1 fully original watch that has a movement problem -

When fitted with a battery & the main chrono runs & stops + time lapse & reset to zero all work properly, the sub 1/10th seconds & minute recorder sub dials both work well & reset to zero. In crown position 2 (resetting) all chrono functions can be reset to zero properly.

The problem is the watch does not tell time - the hour & minute hands do not run + the sub seconds dial does not run. Although the crown does turn the hour/minute hands smoothly.

Dial & hands look perfect with superb original lume

The rehaut is vgc

Case has marks mainly around the bezel & on the sides

Case & case back threads are good

Crystal has large chips & scratches

Battery compartment/area is very clean

Movement is very clean

Crown & pushers all work with strong springs

Good project watch that could be a simple fix .. Or worth sending to Seiko.jp for repair/service

August 21, 2017 at 2:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

He'd started work, correcting the third listing around 21:45 yesterday evening, making further revisions just after 23:00 last night.

1989 Seiko RAF Gen-1 fully original watch that has a movement problem -

Looks like the case-back gasket wasn't replaced (its flat & slightly stretched) & some moisture got to the movement

Fitted a battery & there is some life - the main chrono runs stops & the time lapse works but the reset to zero does not fully work or work at all sometimes, the start button can sometimes stop the chrono, the sub seconds & 1/10th sec. dials do not run. The minutes time lapse runs & is also the only dial that resets when the crown is pulled to position 2 (resetting). The hour & minute hands do not run! its all a bit haywire.

Dial looks perfect

The hands are good except the hour hand lume is dark

The rehaut is vgc

Case has marks mainly around the bezel & on the sides

Case & case back threads are good

Crystal has deep scratches & edge chips

Battery compartment/area is very clean

Movement has some rust between crown & pusher

Crown & pushers work with strong springs

Good project watch or might be worth sending to Seiko.jp for repair/service

Of the three, this listing appears to be attracting most attention, as it did from the outset, with currently 28 watchers. Personally I wouldn't touch any of them with a bargepole, especially not with an asking price of £500, for somebody else's cast-off junk ! 

August 21, 2017 at 3:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Meanwhile, earlier yesterday evening, another US eBay seller had listed a supposedly 'mint & ultra rare' (joke) 7A28-7120 RAF Gen. 1 with a risible 'pie-in-the-sky' Buy-it-Now asking price of $1350 !!  He's also offering it through eBay's GSP programme, which for anybody in Europe stupid enough to contemplate buying it at anything like that price, would potentially add another $400+ in charges on top ! This listing's only saving grace is the seller's use of the word 'unpolished' in the description. Possibly intended as a thinly veiled dig at the would-be re-seller of 'the polished turd' at the top of this page ? 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142481624105

Up for sale is my ultra rare and unpolished 1990 Seiko Gen 1 military issued chronograph. Engravings on case back are crisp and correct. Markers and hands are in amazing condition, dial clean and lume has a beautiful patina. Bezel insert looks incredible, I have never seen one this nice. Runs well, previous owner had watch serviced by Seiko so in top shape. Chrono functions work correctly. I've owned for about 11 months, but need to thin out my collection. I really hate letting this one go, they are super difficult to find in unpolished condition. Don't miss out and please , no silly offers. If you are looking at this listing, you know what this is. Comes on genuine Phoenix NATO.

Bid with confidence, as I have 100% positive feedback. Thanks for looking. Check out my other watches.

August 21, 2017 at 4:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Seiko7A38 at August 12, 2017 at 4:25 AM

Unless I've missed any, it's been 3 weeks since a new 7A28-7120 RAF Gen. 1 was offered for sale on there. :( But then, one was finally listed yesterday afternoon by a UK eBay seller, with a slightly odd opening bid price of £87.44.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202018086851

With all the speculatively over-priced Buy-it-Now crap on this page, it makes a refreshing change to be able to post an eBay auction result. :) As I wrote on the previous page, this half-decent, average condition, honestly described example of a 7A28-7120 RAF Gen. 1 was listed 10 days ago with a slightly odd opening bid price of £87.44. With 30 minutes of the auction remaining, bidding had stalled at £530 after 20 bids. The stage was set.

The suspense was obviously too much for one bidder, who didn't figure in the final reckoning - he took it up to £660 after 25 bids.

Another couple joined in, taking it to £720 after 27 bids, with a minute left to go ....

The auction ended a couple of minutes ago. It finally sold, after a mini-snipefest, for a very respectable £865.59 after 30 bids.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202018086851

August 21, 2017 at 10:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Checking my eBay watching page, I noticed that the second (the much revised listing) of those three 7A28-7120 RAF Gen. 1 'Project' watches appears to have sold in the early hours of this morning.

Not for the £550 Buy-it-Now price shown on the eBay result summary, but as shown by WatchCount.com's look-up tool, against a best offer of £495. :roll: Someone must be confident of an easy fix. :/

As confirmed by the eBay Purchase History. Note that two earlier offers, declined by the seller, were considerably lower.

August 22, 2017 at 10:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Checking my eBay watching page, another of those 7A28-7120 RAF Gen. 1 Project watches sold in the early hours of this morning. This is the first of the three 'generic' listings that was later corrected to show the actual watch offered for sale.

Once again, as shown by WatchCount.com's look-up tool, it didn't sell for the full Buy-it-Now asking price, but against a best offer for £475 - slightly lower than the previous example, but still an expensive project for someone. :/

As confirmed by the eBay Purchase History which also shows two considerably lower offers were made earlier - and declined.

August 23, 2017 at 6:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Here's another listing for a 7A28-7120 RAF Gen. 1 in need of some attention, which appeared on eBay earlier this afternoon, offered as untested, by regular UK seller britishmilitarysurplus, as a 3-day auction with an opening bid price of £400.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272818641260

British Military Surplus

SEIKO Generation 1 - Pilot Watch

Genuine Issue Military Watch

Issued in 1988 - Been in Active Service

The Watch has been given a new battery and New Strap

The Watch is Sold with No Warranty and No Guarantee

The Watch has been given a new battery - however not all hands are running correctly - The Watch WILL NEED A SERVICE

The Watch is Sold as Untested

August 26, 2017 at 2:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Seiko7A38 at August 21, 2017 at 4:00 AM

Meanwhile, earlier yesterday evening, another US eBay seller had listed a supposedly 'mint & ultra rare' (joke) 7A28-7120 RAF Gen. 1 with a risible 'pie-in-the-sky' Buy-it-Now asking price of $1350 !!  

I'm obviously not keeping a close enough eye on these things. :roll: Not only had I failed to notice the US eBay seller had reduced his 'pie-in-the-sky' Buy-it-Now price twice, most recently to 'only' $1099, but he'd also added: Reasonable offers considered  to the description. Double fail on my part, because when I checked my eBay watching page yesterday evening, I also failed to spot the listing had dropped a couple of pages (without showing as 'Ended' and 'this item is out of stock'). Usual reason - the seller ended the listing because the item is no longer available. So as happens all too often in such situations, it was presumably sold off eBay, via the back door, for a more sensible reasonable offer. :/

August 27, 2017 at 9:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Another US eBay listing for a 7A28-7120 RAF Gen. 1 dropped to the bottom of page 4 of my watching list earlier today - the shiny one at the top of the page, with the ludicrous $1250 'pie-in-the-sky' Buy-it-Now price. Again, the seller ended the listing early as NLA. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401387431562

But that wasn't quite the end of it. :| Unfortunately, I didn't spot it at the time (nor did I receive any saved search notification), but the seller re-listed it soon afterwards. That re-listing was only live for just over an hour and a half, before it sold.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401392948116

This time, according to WatchCount.com's look-up tool it sold against an offer of $835.

As confirmed by the eBay Purchase History: http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=401392948116

So that's it sold for a 3rd time this year. :roll: Probably not the last we've seen of it - once the buyer realizes he's the latest mug punter to have been suckered by 'the polished turd'. :/

August 28, 2017 at 10:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

The most recent eBay listing for a 7A28-7120 RAF Gen. 1 by UK eBay seller britishmilitarysurplus ended this afternoon selling for £565 after only 4 bids. Not sure why his eBay listings continue to make lower selling prices than others. Perhaps it's because he uses 'Generation' in the title and description, whereas most other sellers use the abbreviated form 'Gen'. So possibly some potential bidders aren't picking them up in their search results. But then I find it hard to believe it's for lack of views, because that one received 245 over the 3 days. :/

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272818641260

August 29, 2017 at 2:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Anyway, here's the next one, listed yesterday evening by a UK eBay seller, using the 'Cloak of Darkness' photographic technique, with a Buy-it-Now asking price of £800 or Best Offer. Very magnanimous of him to include the NATO strap. :roll:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152681139102

Hi everyone and welcome to my sale.

If your looking at this then you know all about what this watch is about.

The watch is in a used but full working condition - No sticking buttons, nice fluid movement of all hands and everything resets as designed to.

Please view the photos provided to get a good feel of this watch's lovely condition and ill even include the NATO watch strap.

Do allow me up to 48hrs to dispatch by next working day signed for via Royal Mail. Will post to UK address only.

I check Ebay everyday at some point so I will get back to you ASAP if you require any additional info/pictures and/or you buy the watch etc.

August 29, 2017 at 2:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

The third (and last remaining) listing of that trio of 7A28-7120 RAF Gen. 1 Project watches, offered by the UK eBay seller ended earlier this evening. Although there initially appeared to be more interest in this one (the listing received 3474 views), it took longer to sell and didn't fare as well as the previous two. The seller had reduced the Buy-it-Now price from £500 to £475 a few days ago, but it didn't make anything near that figure (as shown in the eBay summary).

WatchCount.com's Look-up tool reveals it actually sold for an offer of £360.

As confirmed by the Purchase History: http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=272812439851

I think it's fairly safe to assume that the Declined / Expired offers of £410 and £435 were probably counter-offers made by the seller. Ebay conveniently doesn't appear to differentiate between the two, when displaying results. :roll:

August 30, 2017 at 2:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

That 7A28-7120 RAF Gen. 1 which was listed a few days ago by a UK eBay seller, with very dark photos, sold yesterday evening.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152681139102

Not for the £800 Buy-it-Now asking price as shown in the eBay ended listing summary, but against a best offer of £750:

As confirmed by the eBay Purchase History: http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=152681139102

September 2, 2017 at 7:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

I missed another 7A28-7120 RAF Gen. 1 'Head Only' that was listed yesterday morning by a UK eBay seller, with  Buy-it-Now price of £780. By the time I got around to checking my eBay saved favourite search notifications, it had already been sold in the early hours of this morning. For the record, here's a screen print of the (ended) listing:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112547943310

Really nice condition Seiko generation 1 pilots watch this was issued in 1988. All functions work correctly with all hands resetting to zero. Lovely condition. I only purchased this 3 weeks ago but now need to sell to fund another purchase.

It didn't actually sell for the £780 Buy-it-Now asking price, as shown on the listing and the ended item summary ....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112547943310

But as revealed by WatchCount.com's Look-up tool against a best offer for £720:

A single offer in fact, as confirmed by eBay history: http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=112547943310

September 2, 2017 at 7:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Here's another listing for a 7A28-7120 RAF Gen. 1 'Head Only' which appeared on eBay earlier this afternoon: a 10-day auction with a slightly odd opening bid price of  $256.69. It was soon bumped up to a round $400 (by two bidders, within minutes of each other). It's being offered by a US seller through eBay's Global Shipping programme, so for anybody in Europe who might be thinking about bidding on it, don't forget to factor in at least 20% on top to cover the Customs charges.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152689304630

This auction is for a SEIKO GEN 1 Royal Air Force (RAF) 7A28 MoD CHRONOGRAPH WATCH.

The watch is in GREAT CONDITION and has been RECENTLY SERVICED by Seiko.

Text on the back includes: 6645-99  7683056  10875/90  065934  7A28-7120

Thanks for looking and please let me know if you have any questions.

September 3, 2017 at 3:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

From his vague descriptions of the faults on his previous 'Project' 7A28-7120 RAF Gen. 1 offerings, UK ebay seller and military watch dealer 24699510 has already demonstrated his inability to diagnose or repair the simplest of problems with them. His latest actions bring into question his competence as a seller. 

A couple of weeks ago, I'd noticed he'd created about a dozen blank template listings (on 21st August). Some of them still remain:

This morning, I ran an eBay search on '7A28' and found 3  more 7A28 RAF Gen. 1 Projects offered by the same seller:

Instead of creating 3 new 30-day listings, by cloning one of his previous ended listings, as most other people would have done, this morning the seller appears to have edited 3 of his existing blank template listings, which only had 14 days remaining. :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemRevisionDetails&item=272815082287

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemRevisionDetails&item=272815078343

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemRevisionDetails&item=272815080890

Here's the three not so new listings:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272815082287

1986 Seiko RAF Gen-1 fully original watch that has a movement problem - fitted a battery & everything seem to run ok apart from the 1/10th dial.

Dial looks very good except for some slight marks on the 50 minute lume marker

Crystal is smashed at edge

Case has marks, nothing too bad

Pushers are stiff & one needs a new spring

Movement looks very clean with no sign of battery damage, no sign of rust apart from a tiny bit on top of one of the screws

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272815078343

1990 Seiko RAF Gen-1 fully original watch that has problems - fitted a battery & there was some life - the seconds hands runs but that's about all.

Lume on the hour & minute hands are dark

Dial has several marks on the surface

Crystal has chips & scratches,

Case has marks, nothing too bad

Crown & pushers work, one pusher is a little sticky

Movement looks clean with no sign of battery damage, no sign of rust apart from a tiny bit around one of the pushers so I guess its gasket is damaged & caused the problem

Missing case-back gasket

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272815080890

1988 Seiko RAF Gen-1 fully original watch that has a crystal/dial problem - fitted a battery & every function seems to run fully without problem.

Dial has some edge damage around 12 o'clock & the 50 minute lume marker, & 12 second mark

Crystal is smashed at edge with loose chips inside (so do not run before removing them)

Case has marks, mainly down the right side

Crown & pushers all work

Movement looks very clean with no sign of battery damage & no sign of rust

Good easy project watch or might be worth sending to Seiko.jp for a service

September 6, 2017 at 6:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.