Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Parts Info, Tech Tips and Tinkering > Anyone know what this strap is called?

Collector

I saw this image posted in an old thread, and I really liked the look of the black strap on the first watch. Anyone know what it's called and where to get it from?

December 17, 2013 at 8:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

I call that style of strap 'double jonc' - but then I use the same expression for straps with two parallel (unjoined) ribs too.

Not sure where you'll get that one -  it looks like it's in a Kevlar / textile finish. Try searching on www.watchbandcentre.com

That style of strap is made my several manufacturers: Fleurus, Hadley Roma (their p/n MS883), Mabro, Morellato to name but a few.

Here's an image of a similar looking Morellato 20mm that I saved off www.watchbandcentre.com way back, but this one is Dark Blue.

December 18, 2013 at 2:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Although he hasn't logged in here in a while, you could always send Mark (Bartleby) a PM asking him where he got that strap. ;)

The watch it's fitted to is a 7A28-702A. There are some earlier photos of it (on a different NATO-style strap) that Mark posted here:

http://www.thewatchsite.com/21-japanese-watch-discussion-forum/2329-7a28-ghetto.html

December 18, 2013 at 12:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Collector

Thank you :)

Love that leather one you posted, would prefer it in black though. The buckle looks neat as well.

I think I found a match for the one I wanted:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apollo-Watch-Strap-Band-20mm-Black-Ribbed-Textile-Canvas-/330788934530

What do you think? Looks like a match to me...

December 18, 2013 at 2:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Looks like you found your strap. :)

Rather cheaper than some of the options I suggested, too. Now all you need is a Seiko 7Axx to fit it to. :P

The 7A28-702A might not be a bad starter choice - the model is regarded by many as an affordable option - a 'poor man's Gen. 1.

December 19, 2013 at 2:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.