Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > 7Axx General Discussion Area > Posting in the model specific threads?

killsnapz

IS all posting in the model specific thread to be done by the mods or is OK for members to post relative information in those threads? I only ask because I won an auction on a 7A38-7000 stainless and that exact auction is listed in the thread for that model. Do I wait for the Mod to update it of should I leave it alone and just post it here? This is the watch in question that was restricted to CONUS bidders only.

Michael

February 24, 2015 at 10:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

It's certainly not restricted to only the moderators, Michael. ;) However I do like to keep those threads strictly on topic for that particular model and any off topic or 'nice' posts, which don't really add anything may be moved or deleted. I'll usually remember to post the result for any eBay / Yahoo Japan listing that I've cited in a thread, though sometimes it might not be until the following day if the auction ended overnight (UK time versus US) - I'll pick it up from checking my eBay watching page for ended listings. By all means, feel free to post the result if you won the auction. All I'd ask is that you include the link and a little screen grab, as I was about to do with that one. Congrats on the pick-up by the way. ;)

February 25, 2015 at 4:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

killsnapz

Thanks. That's what I thought. It appeared that it was meant to be used to track values and facts about the particular model of each watch. I read your whole post before bidding on this watch and I must say it was extremely useful. I know I got a decent wearable watch with some defects but the important things like the bracelet are correct so I'm happy and the thread was invaluable for me to set the correct price to bid without overpaying bady for a watch that was not collector grade.

Michael.

February 25, 2015 at 8:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Yes that's exactly what they're intended for, Michael. ;)

Unforunately I've fallen way behind in what I'd originally planned to do within that section. :/

Sometimes it's as much as I can do to maintain the two dozen or so existing threads I've already got started.

There should really, by now, be 80+ topics in total - if I was properly covering every individual 7A38-xxxx model variant. :(

February 25, 2015 at 9:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.