Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > 7Axx General Discussion Area > Another storied fake Military 7A38 surfaces on TZ_UK

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Posted by Ian Fogden (a.k.a. Foggy - the man who vehemently denies propagating the Vulcan myth) on TZ_UK earlier this morning.

Where else, but in the Is it time to lay the 'Vulcan' Seiko to rest? thread. :roll:

The watch is obviously a common or garden 7A38-7010 fitted with the wrong p/n B1075S bracelet off a 7A28-7040/9 for starters.

The additional stampings are minimal - just 'R A F' and a rather narrow broad arrow. Note that it belongs to 'a friend of a friend'. :roll:

If you right-click the original photo and check its properties, it's captioned RAFSEIKONEW. Yup I'd say that's a pretty new FAKE ! :lol:

April 26, 2015 at 6:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Having re-read Foggy's 'toys out of pram' post on RLT (dating from 29th May 2009), which I linked in my first post ....

I thought I'd have another look at his website that he referred to: http://www.freewebs.com/foggy69/seikointheukforces.htm

It's still there, exactly as it was, nearly 6 years on - still with the same mis-information and incorrect assumptions. 

April 27, 2015 at 8:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.