Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Parts Info, Tech Tips and Tinkering > Push button for 7A38-7060

CA

Hi

Can anyone tell me the part numbers for the push button, spring and clip, please?

I believe the ref. number for the clips is C12026A, but cannot find the part numbers for the push button and the spring (unless both come together)?

Many thanks

Claus

October 6, 2015 at 4:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Claus.

The Seiko part number for the pusher button for a stainless 7A38-7060 is 80600509.

The spring is p/n 81350540; the washer is p/n 81400829; the O-Ring Seal is p/n EG0060B01.

However, in the past when I have ordered pusher buttons from Cousins UK, all four parts have come assembled together.

Cousins p/n for the pusher button is SEI80600509.

According to their database, the Seiko p/n for the circlip is 83200271 (one of many part numbers they use for the same thing).

Cousins p/n C12026A is a tube of (Qty. 24) 1.5mm circlips - Swiss made (Eufor brand). A rather cheaper alternative source. ;)

October 7, 2015 at 3:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CA

Hi Paul

That's great, thanks very much. :)

Regards

Claus

October 7, 2015 at 3:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CA

Hi Paul

Having a nightmare with these circlips :(

--

October 8, 2015 at 12:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sir Alan

Is your problem getting them off, or on again?

Without the 'proper' tool, getting them off is VERY difficult.

You need a tool that has a V groove in it that is approx. the width of the c-clip. Just orientate the clip so the open end is pointing up, then use the tool to push down on both open ends - the clip will open and pop (or ping) off.

This tool could be a screwdriver blade (1.4mm) with a groove filed out of the centre.

The first few times you do this you stand a good chance of losing the c-clip. With practice you'll get the feel of how much pressure to apply and also where they want to launch themselves.

My technique for putting them back on is to dab a little silicone grease on the pusher, then use tweezers to position the c-clip with open ends directly down, being held in place by the grease.

Then I get a screwdriver (I use the bergeon purple size) and push down firmly and directly on the c-clip. It doesn't require any real force, just a steady push.

Then I clean off the grease.

October 10, 2015 at 4:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CA

Hi Alan Simon.

It was fiiting the clip back on which was a nightmare. I used almost all the clips (24!) before I finally succeeded. I think the main problem was that I didnt have a loupe (which I have now purchased) which is probably essential as they are so tiny. ;)

Regards

Claus

October 11, 2015 at 4:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.