Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > In the beginning there was Seiko Quartz - the World's First .... > Early Quartz Parts & Tools

hi_bri

Aside from collecting the Seiko Credor Phoenix/Pacific and quartz chronos, I do have interest in early quartz and have added a few to my collection.  Will share later when I have time for pics.

I was frustrated with scratching the case backs on changing the batteries on the old Seiko quartz so I knew there had to be a special tool to change the batteries - Seiko S-822:

I stumbled on this one while looking for parts on Yahoo Japan but since I now have that part number you can easily order this item from OttoFrei:

http://www.ofrei.com/page747.html

Just a helpful hint for those that didn't know.

--

-Brian

August 27, 2016 at 4:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

selfdater

Brian - I've just been trying to get hold of one of these myself. I had stumbled across the ottofrei site but just today yesterday, I ordered one through Rakuten (via buyee). I think that it will work out cheaper for me to get it to the UK....

August 27, 2016 at 7:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

hi_bri

selfdater at August 27, 2016 at 7:23 PM

Brian - I've just been trying to get hold of one of these myself. I had stumbled across the ottofrei site but just today yesterday, I ordered one through Rakuten (via buyee). I think that it will work out cheaper for me to get it to the UK....

The one I currently have came from Japan, but if I had knew what it was actually called I would have in hindsight just ordered it from Otto Frei since I'm US based.

Regardless, it's a great tool to have around.  Sometimes it's finding these items that bring as much pleasure as finding that rare watch...

I can finally say to myself "I've got the perfect tool for this problem..." :)
--

-Brian

August 28, 2016 at 12:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.