Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Webs latest glitch - Sorry, this page was not found, error message

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Apart from a recurrence of  Webs Your request timed out. Please retry the request glitch when attempting to create or edit a post, for most of this week, it seems we have a new error message to contend with, which crops up with even greater frequency. :mad:

Trust me, the page - indeed the whole site, is still there. ;)

What is happening is that somehow 5 extra spurious characters (and an extra slash / ) are being inserted into the URL, between www.seiko7a38.com/ExTRa/apps/forums. Deleting these spurious characters allows you to see the page.

Having put up with this even more frustrating error message (and worked around it) for the best part of this week ....

I am about to contact Webs (complete and utter lack of) Support and give them a piece of my mind !  

November 6, 2016 at 6:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Call me paranoid if you like ....

But I strongly suspect this is deliberate sabotage by Webs, in an under-handed attempt to coerce users to migrate to their SiteBuilder3 package (which we haven't). See: Sticky: A Change is coming - not necessarily for the better, unfortunately :(

It's already having a seriously detrimental effect on visitor traffic to the site / forum over the last week ! :mad:

November 6, 2016 at 7:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PHK

don't know…but this feels like a Monty Python set up…;)

--

Paul in Vegas.  8)

November 6, 2016 at 1:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PHK

(that post took six attempts to post) …! 

--

Paul in Vegas.  8)

November 6, 2016 at 1:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Thanks for persevering. Paul. ;)

But I think I can top that - with a 'Double Whammy'. :P

I just got 2 sets of spurious characters (between .com and /apps), while I was trying to make that last post in the WRUW thread. :roll:

November 9, 2016 at 9:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Testing, Testing 1, 2, 3 ....

Well I tried yesterday and (obviously) again this morning .... and it appears this particular Webs URL glitch has been fixed ! :)

Although on this occasion, the Your request timed out. Please retry the request error message STILL persists ! :mad:

I thought it was too good to be true. :roll:

November 12, 2016 at 3:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.