Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Non-Seiko General Discussion Area - Contemporary Chrono's > (I'm having an) Attack of the Carrera 7Axx Clones

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

In hindsight, I probably should have started a new topic to document my findings about the Carrera 15J quartz chronographs, rather than continuing to add to the existing all-encompassing Close Calls and Double Takes - but not the real deal thread. For the simple reason - having bought one, I'm likely to go into far more (anorak-level) detail than we've done with other 7Axx look-alikes.

So please bear with me, while I copy and paste / move the last couple of posts across to this new thread.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to copy across the (re)quotes of Lawrence's posts from August 2013.

November 15, 2016 at 3:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Post Moved

Originally posted in the Close Calls and Double Takes thread on November 5, 2016 at 3:45 PM

That was a great post by erstwhile contributor Lawrence. I'd forgotten to mention that I did have a bid on that one, but it was less than 50 Euros and I didn't win. Knowing what I do now, I wish I'd gone much higher. Lawrence was only partially correct in his observation, however. It isn't actually the same caliber that we'd discussed previously (with a date added at 3 o'clock) - as seen in the ZentRa and Gucci chrono's on page 1 of this thread. Those have 6 jewels, only one stepper motor but two batteries !

In fact, it's something rather more akin to the 7Axx - in that it also has 15 Jewels and 3 stepper motors. Of more anon ....

Originally posted in the Close Calls and Double Takes thread on November 5, 2016 at 3:56 PM

Hindsight is a wonderful thing - or in our colonial cousins' parlance - 20/20 vision. :roll:

Now, three years later I am really kicking myself for passing on that NOS two-tone Carrera. If only I had taken the gamble. 

It transpires it didn't contain a Ronda (nor ETA) movement - as far as I can tell, but another make I've never heard of. :/

Something to note from that German eBay seller's description is the Carrera model case-back reference # - 515.12

Originally posted in the Close Calls and Double Takes thread on November 5, 2016 at 4:46 PM

Strangely, I wasn't actually searching on Carrera at the time (but something vaguely related) when I stumbled across an all-stainless version, listed by a US eBay seller, last week. It came up as one of those eBay 'suggestions'. Remembering this thread and instantly recognizing it, I resolved not to let it slip through my fingers this time, as this seller had not only written a lengthy and very enthusiastic description, but had also included a photo of the movement. :) This one incidentally is a Carrera model reference # 515.11.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172380872009

THIS IS A WORKING, PRE-OWNED VINTAGE CARRERA SWISS QUARTZ 3 REGISTER CHRONOGRAPH WATCH, GUARANTEED AUTHENTIC. PERHAPS THE MOST FINELY BUILT SWISS QUARTZ CHRONOGRAPH I'VE EVER HANDLED. I COULD NOT FIND ANOTHER EXAMPLE - I'M NOT EVEN SURE THIS WATCH WAS EVER (WORN) OR OFFERED FOR SALE- IT COULD BE A PROTOTYPE. 

CASE, CASE BACK AND BRACELET CLEANED AND UV SANITIZED. MOVEMENT INSPECTED, CLEANED AND TIMED. BRAND NEW PREMIUM BATTERY INSTALLED. LUBRICATED. 

EXCELLENT WORKING , AND COSMETIC CONDITION - NEAR MINT CONDITION GRADE! 

################################################################3

CIRCA LATE 1980S -1990S CARRERA SWISS CHRONOGRAPH ~20 ATM (200 METER) WATER RESISTANT STAINLESS STEEL MENS WATCH. THE WATCH IS POWERED BY ITS ORIGINAL, TOP GRADE MTM SWISS CALIBER 869.10 ~ 15 JEWEL 3 REGISTER (and 3 function pusher) QUARTZ CHRONOGRAPH (1/10 SECONDS, 60 SECONDS AND 60 MINUTES) WITH QUICK SET DATE COMPLICATION .

WATCH TIME AND DATE IS SET BY USE OF CROWN/STEM LOCATED AT 8 HOUR POSITION. CHRONOGRAPH START AND STOP FUNCTION PUSHER LOCATED AT 2 HOUR POSITION. CHRONOGRAPH RESET (ALL CHRONOGRAPH REGISTERS HANDS GO TO "0" POSITION) FUNCTION PUSHER LOCATED AT 4 HOUR POSITION. CHRONOGRAPH HANDS ADJUSTMENT FUNCTION PUSHER LOCATED AT 10 HOUR POSITION. THE MOVEMENT WAS CLEANED, TIMED AND LUBRICATED. BRAND NEW SWISS PREMIUM BATTERY INSTALLED.

SPOTLESS ORIGINAL 29MM FLAT BLACK -WITH BRIGHT SILVER REGISTERS "REVERSE PANDA" STYLED CHRONOGRAPH DIAL. "CARRERA CHRONOGRAPH 200 METERS " PRINTED UNDER 12 HOUR POSITION. 1/10 SECOND, 60 SECOND AND 60 MINUTE CHRONOGRAPH SUB-DIALS LOCATED AT 3, 6 AND 9 HOUR POSITIONS RESPECTIVELY. APPLIED RAISED WHITE GOLD HASH STYLED HOUR MARKERS. CONTRAST PRINTED BEVELED TACHYMETER REGISTER LOCATED ON DIALS EDGE. POLISHED WHITE GOLD HOUR, MINUTE , AND (TIME) SWEEPING SECONDS HAND. DATE WINDOW LOCATED AT 3 HOUR POSITION ON DIALS EDGE.

NEAR MINT CONDITION 37.5 MM WIDE X 43.5MM LONG, BRUSHED SOLID STAINLESS STEEL 200 METER WATER RESISTANT CASE . CASE IS 12MM THICK (WITH BEZEL AND CASE BACK). LITTLE TO NO EAR ON CASE. NO WEAR ON SLOTTED POLISHED BEZEL. LITTLE TO NO WEAR ON SCREW DOWN DIVER CROWN AND 3 CHRONOGRAPH FUNCTION PUSHERS. SCREW DOWN STAINLESS STEEL CASE BACK -LITTLE TO NO WEAR ON CASE BACK - STILL HAS FACTORY PROTECTIVE CLEAR PLASTIC INTACT. RUBBER O-RING SEAL INSPECTED AND LUBRICATED . CASE BACK THREADS, AND CROWN TUBE THREADS, AND FUNCTION PUSHERS LUBRICATED WITH SILICON GREASE. I NOTICED 1 SMALL SCRATCH AT 10 HOUR POSITION ON MINERAL CRYSTAL. NO CHIPS OR CRACK.

ORIGINAL TOP GRADE SOLID LINK STAINLESS STEEL DEPLOYMENT BRACELET ADJUSTS TO ACCEPTS WRISTS UP TO 9" ( OR 220MM). MILLED (NOT LAYERED) SOLID STAINLESS STEEL BRACELET LINKS ARE ALTERNATING POLISHED AND BRUSHED. IT MEASURES 18MM WIDE FOR ENTIRE LENGTH- AVERAGES 3.5MM THICK. LITTLE TO NO WEAR ON SURFACES OF BRACELET - IT COULD PASS FOR NEW. SPOTLESS CLEAN.SIGNED TRI-FOLD DEPLOYMENT CLOSURE WITH SIGNED FOLD OVER SAFETY.

COMMENTS: CLASSIC CHRONOGRAPH DIVER - NEW LONG LIFE SWISS BATTERY. SERVICED AND CLEANED - RUNNING STRONG, ALL FUNCTIONS TESTED - KEEPS EXCELLENT TIME, READY TO WEAR!

Sorry, but I'm not responsible for additional charges or costs (such as customs, import duties, VAT, or any other taxes) incurred by your local Government. Customs policies vary from country to country, you MUST contact your local Customs Agency with any questions or liabilities.

International Bidders I understand the high cost of import fee and will work with you on the value of the item declared. WINNING BIDDERS PLEASE CONTACT ME AFTER PAYMENT WITH REQUESTS. I WILL COMBINE SHIPPING TO SAVE YOU MONEY!! I CAN OFTEN SHIP 3 TO 5 WATCHES FOR THE SAME PRICE AS ONE! 

IN THE RARE CASE THAT THE WATCH OR WATCHES ARE NOT WORKING PROPERLY when received: Please contact me first, and DO NOT GO TO YOUR LOCAL WATCHMAKER. If you give me a chance - and send me back the watch - I'll fix it, and ship it back to you for free (or I'll FULLY REFUND full cost of watch including SHIPPING AND RETURN SHIPPING). If you decide not to send back the watch and fix it on your own, (even though a Paypal dispute) the fixing costs will eventually be your responsibility not-withstanding all your efforts. I'm always ready to accept returns and fully refund my customers. So please, if trouble occurs, let me know the details first. Ebay Policy recommends this course of action and I enjoy open communication with my customers. Thanks for looking - Brian. 

Check out my other items!

I won the auction, which ended in the early hours of Wednesday morning, for a not unreasonable price of $102.50. :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172380872009

It turns out that the seller had previously listed it at the beginning of October with a Buy-it-Now price of $500 !! :o

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182198249498

Indeed, it appears he'd first listed it (again as a Buy-it-Now for $500) as far back as July: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172257807422

November 15, 2016 at 3:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Post Moved

Originally posted in the Close Calls and Double Takes thread on November 5, 2016 at 5:31 PM

Not that it particularly needed it, as the eBay seller's photo was already plenty clear enough ....

But here's that shot of the movement rotated through 90°, showing the MTM maker's mark and the caliber # 869.10.

So far, I've had zero success finding out anything about it online. :(

Any google search including the term 'MTM' simply returns dozens of those ridiculous-looking uber-macho pseudo-military MTM Special Ops chrono's. I make NO apology for my contempt of the wannabe morons who wear such pretentious junk. 

Slightly for this thread ....

Just out of curiosity, I ran a worldwide search on 'Carrera 15J Chronograph' on ended eBay listings to see if I'd missed any others.

I found one that sold for a mere $29 at the end of September, except it's not quite the same ....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201673947141

It has a 15 jewel metal movement (a MTM Cal. 869.60, rather than 869.10) with the same (7Axx) crown and pusher arrangement and a date window @ 3 o'clock, but with a 7Txx sub-dial layout ! :o

November 15, 2016 at 4:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Post Moved

Originally posted in the Close Calls and Double Takes thread on November 13, 2016 at 12:55 PM (now moved here).

Still not had much success finding out anything about these Carrera 15J quartz chronographs. Problem is, searching on Google brings up so many irrelevant results - that's even after you've excluded 'Tag', 'Heuer' and 'Porsche' from the search criteria. :roll:

However, I did get lucky (in a roundabout way) earlier today, by just searching on Carrera and the case-back model # 515.12:)

I found a long since ended Yahoo Japan auction (from August this year), for another NOS two-tone ! :o

http://page24.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/q125051145

CARRERA カレラ クロノグラフ 515.12 電池切れ 1円

Fortunately the 3 Yahoo Japan hosted images were still there:

Though the other 7 (presumably larger) images that were embedded in the description have long since disappeared. :(

Translating the seller's description tells you nothing - it was just the usual list of caveats, but the last part of the title translates as:

battery exhaustion 1 yen (the opening bid price). That's probably the reason bidders were reluctant to gamble on the flat battery (and any damage caused by leakage) and it sold for a mere 3,100 Yen (equivalent to a paultry $29 at today's exchange rate).

Couple of points to note:

It's a different dial to the previous two-tone 515.12 - a rather nice champagne colour with silver sub-dials.

In fact, it may be the same dial as in the first gold-tone which Lawrence spotted. Here's another photo from that listing:

The other interesting thing is the address on the warranty card shown in the Japanese seller's first photo:

Watchmakers Service, P.O. Box 5070, So. Hackensack, NJ 07606.

In case you don't remember where we've seen this before, it was in this thread.

So this possibly implies that WatchFactory.com, a.k.a. F ROSS LLC, Leanne Ross and Isidor (Dory) Farash were also the US importers and distributors for Carrera. Indeed, they still have a couple of other (non-chrono) Carrera models for sale;)

November 15, 2016 at 4:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

While I've been waiting impatiently for the Carrera 7Axx clone to arrive, I've been Googling - LOTS. Mostly in vain, in that I still have absolutely no idea who may have actually manufactured these 'Swiss' watches (or their MTM 869.10 15J quartz movements) ....

But now I'm pretty confident of who owns this Carrera trademark and licensed their manufacture. 8) The clue is in the smiley. ;)

These Carrera watches (not to be confused with the products of TAG Heuer) are in fact just a sideline of another fashion brand.

It took me a while to make the connection, but if you examine the small Carrera logo used on this watch's dial ....

..... The 'C' of Carrera is a caricature of a 1970's / 1980's style full face helmet (think Bell Star). 

Note all letters are capitals, joined up apart from a distinct gap between the 'E' and 'R' (absent from the current Carrera logo).

A similar stylized helmet motif is repeated separately (with a normal 'C') on the watch's case-back:

This Carrera logo has gone through many different iterations in the last couple of decades.

(Current status of some of the earlier variations of the Carrera trademark can be found here).

But it only takes a quick google to find who it belongs to - the first (image) result returned is: http://logonoid.com/carrera-logo/

As confirmed by Wikipedia (and various other sources): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrera_Sunglasses

Strangely, though on Carrera's current website there is absolutely NO mention of them ever selling watches. :/

http://www.carreraworld.com/gb - not even under the 'History' section: http://www.carreraworld.com/gb/history

I did however find an amusing parallel link to the 'helmet' logo on Carrera's website (posted in the 'History' section under 1988):

Carrera also experienced success alongside Gherard (sic) Berger in Formula 1.

Until they were taken over by the Italian Safilo Group in 1996, Carrera were an Austrian company. So naturally, to gain publicity, they sponsored famous Austrian sports personalities, including F1 driver Gerhard Berger. Best I can tell, from studying photos, this arrangement existed from 1986 (when he drove for Benetton) through his first 3 seasons at Ferrari, from 1987 to 1989.

In 1986, he carried a Carrera Sportsglasses patch on his overalls:

For the three seasons at Ferrari, from 1987 through 1989, his helmet carried up to three Carrera Helmets decals. 

I went looking for some better images of the helmet and found these from an old eBay listing.

But I suspect it may be a replica. :/ This is a genuine Gerhard Berger helmet - rescued from his fiery crash at Imola in 1989.

The Carrera Helmets decal is a bit of a cheeky ploy by their marketing people. Carrera never did produce motorsports helmets. In the 1980's they were manufacturing Ski helmets and later expanded into cycling helmets. Berger's helmet was actually a Bell - as can be seen in this photo. The Carrera decal on the back of his helmet is where the original Bell decal would have been.

Here's a poor quality scan of a Carrera advert from 1986, featuring Gerhard Berger

I suppose I should also mention that fellow Austrian (and former Ferrari F1 driver) Niki Lauda was also a Carrera ambassador.

Whereas there's plently of evidence online of both drivers wearing Carrera sunglasses, I could find absolutely nothing to suggest that they ever sported Carrera watches. Slightly off topic, but I found an interesting web article about Gerhard Berger's later association with Tag Heuer (while at McLaren). See: http://www.calibre11.com/gerhard-berger-tag-heuer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, having sussed the logo, I went browsing other watch forums to see if anyone else had made the same connection.

Not an easy thing to do, with all the literally hundreds of TAG Heuer Carrera threads out there, believe me ! :roll:

I first found a couple on Watchuseek, dating from 2009, although the Carrera watches discussed are much later models.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f386/325097.html  Fashion brand : CARRERA

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/321847.html  CARRERA watches : 2 more !

Indeed there are a couple more photo topics by the same enthusiastic OP 'Reno'.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f78/308197.html  Another CARRERA : the Carrera Sprint auto

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f78/410327.html  CARRERA Sprint - the other Carrera ;-)

But it was on another forum - WatchTalk that I found anything like a helpful answer. Again this thread dates from 2009.

http://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/thread24967.html  Does anyone of you know this brand? Carrera?

I suspect from his authoritative statements, the poster, James (Jean-Pierre) Elsener, is involved in the Swiss watch industry. However he is partially incorrect - about Carrera slot cars 'owning the brand'. Carrera sunglasses have been in business since 1956 (as stated beneath their current logo), whereas the German Carrera slot car company started manufacturing in 1963. Their logo (mostly lower case) is completely different. Trust me - I have collected vintage slot cars since the 70's and I have 'a few' Carreras in my collection. Nowadays, there's also the Italian Carrera racing / mountain bike manufacturer (established 1989), Carrera Jeans (fashion clothing) and just to confuse matters, the Spanish jewellery manufacturer Carrera Y Carrera who also produce watches !

James's statement about the defunct Swiss / Hong Kong based Egana-Goldpfeil group making Carrera watches (under licence) would have been correct for the 2000's. But what about the late 1980' s and early 1990's when these watches were presumably produced ?

I suspect (simply because the first two we saw crop up on eBay were in Germany) there may well be an earlier German connection.

It wouldn't be difficult to draw parallels with Puma (their Y19 7A38's, produced by Orient) and their distributor C. Melchers & Co.

November 15, 2016 at 5:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

While I was typing the previous post (edited multiple times) there was a knock at the door - the postman delivering my Carrera ! :D

First impressions are very favourable (as a comparison to a Seiko 7Axx), although the eBay seller's enthusiastic description of its condition as 'near mint' was stretching the truth a little. It's certainly very clean. Here's my first Q&D wrist shot (more will follow). 

This is in almost as received condition (apart from setting the time and date correctly) - and having to remove 3 adjustment links from the huge bracelet (which would have easily fitted a much larger than 8" wrist) to get a reasonable fit on mine.

You may notice that, unlike my usual standard of wrist shots, the hands are all over the place. :roll: There's a reason for that. :P

Firstly, unlike a Seiko 7Axx, the large sweep second hand is the constant (ticking) seconds hand - not the 6 o'clock sub-dial.

The pushers mostly work exactly the same as a 7Axx (including the 10 o'clock 'freeze and catch up' Lap function) - except I haven't yet figured out how they are supposed to be used to re-set the sub-dial hands. What the seller wrote in his listing description:

CHRONOGRAPH HANDS ADJUSTMENT FUNCTION PUSHER LOCATED AT 10 HOUR POSITION.

Doesn't appear to work (for me) - not with the crown in any position. Of course, I don't have any instruction booklet to follow. :(

November 15, 2016 at 9:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Well, after a lot of messing around, I finally did manage to figure out how to re-set the chronograph hands to Zero. It's not done as the eBay seller stated, using the 10 o'clock pusher, but in a manner similar to the Seiko 7Axx - in that you have to have the crown pulled out to the first position, then use each pusher in turn, to advance the sub-dial nearest to it (4 o'clock pusher advances the 6 o'clock chrono' seconds sub-dial). The difference appears to be that you have to get it into setting mode first. By some fluke, after nearly giving up, I tried holding in both the 4 o'clock pusher and the 10 o'clock pusher together for two seconds and that did the trick ! 8)

I did promise some more photos (with the hands in the correct position), so here's a couple - the first one where the sweep second hand just happened to be at 12 o'clock was also a fluke - I just snapped it at exactly the right moment. 

November 18, 2016 at 8:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

With the initial problem of setting the chronograph hands solved, I wore the watch (on and off) for the next couple of days. When I took those couple of wrist shots, it's quite possible that I'd set the time @ 10 to 2, as I sometimes do. But I'm certain I'd re-set it to the correct time afterwards. Later in the afternoon, I looked down and noticed the watch had lost time. Reset it again (and again). It transpired this thing has seriously erratic timekeeping issues. When worn, it can lose as much as 20 minutes an hour. :o The sweep second hand just randomly stops and starts again of its own accord. But then perversely, left on the bench it would keep accurate time for hours on end. :mad:

At the suggestion of a member of this forum (and against my better judgement), I asked for help / advice on WatchRepairTalk forum. Having witnessed some of the so-called 'expert advice' doled out over there, I should have known it would be a complete waste of time. :roll: The only reason I've even bothered to mention it, is if you google MTM 869.10, it comes up in the seach results. Here's a link, FWIW:

Help-needed-with-obscure-15j-quartz-chronograph-movement

In July last year, I bought a period correct Carrera presentation box for it on eBay. My 515.11 didn't come with one and they're always nice to have.

It came with some spare bracelet links (for a totally different model) and a couple of bits of paperwork, in the form of a guarantee card (for that other watch) and a little booklet, which I had hoped might help shed a little light on this mysterious MTM 869.10 15J quartz movement.

Naturally, I wasn't expecting to make any kind of warranty claim. I was looking for contact details for someone in the UK who might actually know something about these watches. The last 5 pages of the booklet list addresses for their authorised dealers and distributors worldwide, who might have honoured such a (worthless) international guarantee. But there wasn't anything at all listed for UK ! Nada ! :mad:

The first page starts with Europe and is in alphabetical order, hence Austria:

CARRERA INTERNATIONAL

Holzbauernstrasse, 20

A-4050 TRAUN

Tel: (7229) 4441

Which ties in with what's shown on Wikipedia (but is now ancient history):

In 1974, the company was renamed Carrera International and established a headquarters in Traun, Austria ....

But in fact, in the whole of those 5 pages of addresses, their (old) Austrian HQ is the only company listed actually named Carrera. The rest are clearly agents / retailers / distributors who presumably provided warranty replacements. That is other than CARRERA TIME LIMITED, who were based in Hong Kong.

Since then, the watch has remained neglected in its presentation box, for the last 6 months and more. Frustratingly, it appears to have kept reasonably good time, gaining only a couple of minutes in that time. :roll:

Obviously, given the above unresolved issues, I'd kind of lost interest in these otherwise intriguing and attractive-looking 7Axx clones. I can't even remember when I last bothered running a search on eBay, looking for any more of them. :/

March 25, 2018 at 2:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Anyway, earlier today, I did. Not sure what prompted me, but I quickly found another: a used example of the two-tone champagne dialed model 515.12 (same as seen on Yahoo Japan in August 2016). It's listed on eBay Germany - in fact this current listing ends tomorrow morning. It must have been there a while*, because it's received over 600 views. The obvious reason it's still there, is the deluded would-be seller's ludicrous 'pie-in-the-sky' Buy-it-Now price of 490 Euros. :roll:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142727073871

Schöner Carrera rechtsträger Chronograph Herrenarmbanduhr mit verschraubtem Boden und verschraubter Krone.

Uhrwerk MTM 869.10 , 15 Jewels

Er funktioniert einwandfrei und befindet sich in einem super Zustand.

Gebrauchsspuren sind vorhanden.

Durchmesser ohne Krone gemessen ca. 3,6 cm

Rest siehe Bilder

Keine Garantie oder Rücknahme, da Privatverkauf

Schaut auch in meine anderen Auktionen.

Bei Mehrfachkauf nur einmal Versandkosten.

Versandkosten ins Ausland bitte erfragen.

Viel Spaß beim Bieten!

*It transpires this deluded would-be seller has also been listing it on eBay Germany Classifieds since mid-February, with an even more ridiculous price of 750 Euros !!

http://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/schoener-carrera-mtm-869-10-swiss-made-chronograph-herrenuhr/811020105-156-1069

March 25, 2018 at 2:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Roman Marschall

Hey, I got one of those too. I bought it recently via ebay Germany and paid around 10 Euros, shipping included. Mine is completely golden, with white subdials, but without strap.

It was described as broken. I disassembled it, cleaned it, and reassembled it. It is running well.

Best

Roman

June 17, 2019 at 2:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Great catch Roman ! 

I obviously missed spotting that one, otherwise you might have had some more bidding competition. :P

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133071996171

German eBay seller's photos:

Although the case-back is badly scratched, the model # 515.15 is still legible.

June 17, 2019 at 3:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Anybody fancy a Carrera 7Axx clone, just like mine ? Same all-stainless 'Reverse Panda' dial, model # 515.11. It was listed by a US eBay seller on 25th August. Checking the revision history, he appears to have reduced the Buy-it-Now price once already (on 2nd September) to $179. There's also the option to make an offer. It's been listed using eBay's dysfunctional GSP programme, which for any buyer outside the USA, foolhardy enough to hit the Buy-it-Now button, would mean adding a further $71.43 in charges. Given my experiences with my own example, I currently have no plans to buy another, but I've added it to my eBay watching page, mostly out of curiosity - to see what it eventually sells for. Incidentally, it comes with a Carrera hang tag, which in one of the photos shows a R.R.P. of $860 ! :o

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174008840491

Carrera chronograph, water Resistant 200m, Date Swiss Made 38mm Case, Right handed. Condition is Pre-owned. B107.

September 5, 2019 at 4:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.