Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > 7A38-xxxx Model Specific Area > 7A38-7070 SAA031J - Stainless 'Diver' (Silver Anodized) - includes 7A38-7075 ZFM

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

This well-worn looking 7A38-7070 was listed yesterday afternoon by an Italian eBay seller, as a 10-day auction with an opening bid price of 1 Euro. Translating the seller's description, it would appear that he doesn't know how to reset the chronograph minute sub-dial to Zero. He's suggesting taking it to a watchmaker to have the hand re-positioned. :roll:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223122354850

Asta da un euro (1€)

Orologio vintage Seiko

Modello 7A38-7070

Orologio molto raro della serie 7A, con ghiera sub così come visibile in foto

L'orologio ha movimento al quarzo con funzione cronografica e stop giro

Orario e data analogici

l'orologio funziona bene, segnalo che ha la lancetta dei minuti cronografici da riposizionare, l'impulso a muoversi arriva ma si è leggermente sollevata, basta toglierla e rimetterla al suo posto.

Come potete vedere l'orologio è coevo, ha le lancette originali e anche il suo bracciale, dal punto di vista estetico potete valutare bene le foto.

Per chi vincerà l'asta: Posso portare l'orologio a far sistemare la lancetta dei minuti dall'orologiaio ad un prezzo da concordare, basterà metterci in contatto con whattsapp e sarò felice di andare dall'orologiaio, comunicare il costo dell'intervento e farlo attuare, con tutta probabilità il costo sarà zero ma nel mio essere appassionato, collezionista e soprattutto persona onesta voglio parlare chiaramente.

Spedizione con raccomandata o corriere

Per altre domande sono a disposizione

Grazie

August 30, 2018 at 3:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

This 7A38-7070, fitted with leather strap in place of the original Seiko p/n B1241S bracelet, was listed yesterday evening, by a UK eBay seller, as a 7-day auction, with an opening bid price of £0.99. I'm inclined to disagree with his opinion of the watch being in 'NEAR MINT CONDITION'. Apart from the lack of original bracelet, it's been fitted with non-original sub-dial hands, with black painted bosses. Still, if potential buyers aren't worried about the lack of bracelet, I expect they'll care less about the wrong sub-dial hands. By this morning bidding was already at £83.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401593496950

SEIKO VINTAGE SPORTS 100 15 JEWEL QUARTZ CHRONOGRAPH - 7A38-7070 - STAINLESS STEEL - NEAR MINT - IN FULL WORKING ORDER - NEW BATTERY FITTED

NEAR MINT CONDITION SANDBLASTED FINISH STAINLESS STEEL CASE - ONLY THE VERY TINIEST OF WEAR MARKS - NEW GOOD QUALITY LEATHER STRAP

MINT CONDITION MATT BLACK DIAL WITH APPLIED SEIKO NAME AND APPLIED CHROME / LUMINOUS BATON HOUR MARKERS - 3 GREY SUBDIALS - 30 MINUTE COUNTER AT 9 - SUB SECONDS AT 6 - 1/10 SECOND COUNTER AT 3 - DAY / DATE AT 3 - TACHYMETER SCALE

NEAR MINT CONDITION OUTER ROTATING BEZEL - ONLY VERY TINY MARKS ON INSERT

CASE DIAMETER - 41MM

EXCELLENT CONDITION CRYSTAL - FEW VERY SMALL SCRATCHES

SIGNED 15 JEWEL QUARTZ CHRONOGRAPH MOVEMENT

THESE ARE BECOMING VERY COLLECTIBLE AND ONES IN THIS CONDITION ARE HARD TO FIND

99P START - GRAB A BARGAIN

TAKE A LOOK AT THE OTHER WATCHES I HAVE FOR SALE

September 4, 2018 at 6:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

The Italian eBay seller's 10-day auction listing for a well worn 7A38-7070 wasn't due to end until Saturday (8th September) afternoon. But yesterday evening, when bidding was at 141 Euros, after 27 bids, they ended the auction early as 'Sold'. Presumably they actually sold it for a higher figure, via 'the back door'. :/

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223122354850

September 6, 2018 at 3:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

A familar looking ZFM 7A38-7075, fitted with a distinctive non-original replacement Seiko bracelet reappeared on eBay in the States, earlier this evening, listed by a greedy would-be profiteering re-seller, with a 'pie-in-the-sky' Buy-it-Now price of $750 - DOUBLE what he paid for it back in February this year.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323432952172

Pre-owned Seiko 7A38-7075, working properly, it fits a 7 1/2 inch. wrist. Shipping just to the 48 continental states.

This ZFM 7A38-7075 has been documented in this thread in perhaps half a dozen posts, starting back at the end of December 2017 (on page 5) where it was first listed by the original Brazilian seller. It last sold for $375 on 10th February:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282836647526

September 6, 2018 at 3:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

The 7-day UK eBay auction for a 7A38-7070 fitted with a replacement leather strap (in place of the original bracelet) and also non-original sub-dial hands, ended about 10 minutes ago. It sold for £280 after 44 bids.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401593496950

September 10, 2018 at 5:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Here's another 7A38-7070 fitted with a cheap leather strap (in place of the original bracelet). Not quite as clean as the last one - this is probably better described as 'crud encrusted' rather than 'very good to excellent'. :roll: It was listed at lunchtime today by a US eBay seller, as a 10-day auction with an opening bid price of $45. Might I add a typical parochially minded US eBay seller, who won't ship outside CONUS; they're actually blocking bids from outside USA. Short-sighted in more ways than one, particularly if they can't see the ingrained filth around the bezel and pushers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/382569171094

VINTAGE SEIKO QUARTZ CHRONOGRAPH SPORTS 100 MAN'S WRISTWATCH RUNNING CONDITION

Here is a very handsome Seiko Chronograph man's wristwatch being sold for a local estate.

This is a Quartz Sports 100 model and it's in running condition.

The stainless steel case measures about 40 mm in diameter by about 42 mm long from lug tip to lug tip. To my eye the case looks great. I did not see any issues. The case is hallmarked on the back as follows: "Seiko 432967, Water Resist, St. Steel, Japan, 7A38-7070 AO."

The crystal is glass (I think) and it looks very good with a few light scratches.

The dial is a handsome / dramatic black color. It looks very clean. I did not see any issues.

White colored hash marks and hands to denote the time. There is a large sweep second hand.

There are 3 separate inset dials and 4 pushers on the side of the case. I see one of these dials working but I cannot figure out how the other pushers and dials work. They might not be working - I don't know.

Hallmarked on the dial is "Seiko, Quartz, Chronograph, Sports 100."

It comes with a handsome "Genuine Leather" band.

It has a new battery and it is running but please see above as I cannot figure out how the pushers operate.

The estate has priced it to sell.

Overall, I would say that it looks to be in very good to excellent condition considering it's age.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

BY BIDDING YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.

SHIPPING CHARGES INCLUDE POSTAGE, INSURANCE, DELIVERY OR SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION AND ALL PACKING AND SHIPPING EXPENSES.

POSTAGE IS DETERMINED BY FINISHED PACKAGE WEIGHT. INSURANCE AND DELIVERY CONFIRMATION ARE REQUIRED BY PAYPAL. ALL ITEMS SHIP USPS PRIORITY UNLESS OTHERWIDE NOTED. I DO NOT MAKE ADDITIONAL PROFIT WITH SHIPPING CHARGES. IF YOU FEEL THAT THE SHIPPING CHARGES ARE TOO EXPENSIVE THEN PLEASE DO NOT BID.

RETURNS: YOU MAY RETURN AN ITEM WHICH IS NOT AS ADVERTISED. I WILL MAKE A 100% REFUND. I WILL NOT AGREE TO A PARTIAL REFUND AND ALLOW YOU TO KEEP THE ITEM. I WILL NOT REFUND MORE THAT THE ORIGINAL PAYMENT.

PAYMENT: UPON RECEIVING YOUR EBAY INVOICE, I EXPECT PAYMENT WITH 3 DAYS.

YOUR ITEM WILL SHIP THE DAY FOLLOWING PAYMENT RECEIPT.

THANK YOU.

September 20, 2018 at 9:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

I hadn't previously bothered mentioning it, but the greedy would-be profiteering US re-seller of that ZFM 7A38-7075, fitted with the distinctive non-original replacement Seiko bracelet, had reduced his 'pie-in-the-sky' Buy-it-Now price of $750 down to 'only' $675, 10 days ago. This morning, he ended the listing early, citing: because the item was lost or broken. All I can say, is that given the price he was asking, that was extremely careless or clumsy of him. :roll:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323432952172

September 29, 2018 at 8:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

The 10-day US eBay auction for a 7A38-7070, fitted with a cheap leather strap, ended at lunchtime today, selling for $152.50 after 17 bids.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/382569171094

September 30, 2018 at 1:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

The above 7A38-7070, which sold on 30th September for $152.50, re-appeared on eBay earlier this evening, in a slightly different guise, now fitted with an ill-matching generic replacement stainless bracelet, in place of the previous cheap leather strap. It's now being listed as a 7-day auction, with an opening bid price of $400, by the irksome would-be profiteering re-seller flobaca. Typically greedy mark-up using his standard template listing. Incidentally, in case anybody is wondering, although the previous seller didn't include a photo of the case-back, it's not difficult to indentify as being the same watch from the matching dings and scratches on the bezel insert. Plus, if you check the encrypted winning bidder ID on the previous auction, it's clearly flobaca's alter ego zenodass44 (now with private feedback).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/352478107952

PLEASE SEE MY OTHER LISTINGS

NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING - USA ONLY !!!

For Sale - SEIKO 7A38 CHRONOGRAPH * * * NICE VINTAGE CONDITIONS

Case - 40.5mm w/o crown/ pushers X 43mm lug to lug stainless steel, shows some normal wear, nice and clean. Nice ConditionS For Its Age. There are asome scratches and dings on the back and also on the bezel. Please examine the photos using the enlarge feature .

Crystal - original flat glass shows some normal wear

Dial - black color raised markers and hands day/ date at 3 mint conditions

Movement - JAPAN Seiko 7a38 quartz 15 jewels ,everything works normal.

Sets, resets to " O" keeps perfect time Quick set working properly.

Battery life is unknown so I don't guarantee its life.

Back case - stainless steel screw on.

Band - not original after market brand new stainless steel fits big wrist over 8 inch.

NOTE - I DON'T TEST WATCHES UNDER WATER NOR FOR WATERPROOFING PLEASE BE ADVISED

THE WATCH WILL BE SHIPPED VIA USPS TRACKING NUMBER AND SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION / REQUIRED IN ORDER TO AVOID ANY CONFUSIONS OR PROBLEMS WITH DELIVEY. THE NEW OWNER WILL SIGN AND GET THE PACKAGE IN PERSON

Thank You For Watching And For Your Business

October 5, 2018 at 6:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

This average worn condition 7A38-7070, fitted with a Yobokies repro' bezel insert was listed yesterday evening by a German eBay seller, with a 'pie-in-the-sky' Buy-it-Now price of 330 Euros. From the seller's description, it also appears to be suffering from a uniquely customised 'dropped S' SEIKO dial logo (movement fumbled by a clumsy amateur) and recalcitrant sweep second hand. :roll:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273502615746

Guter gebrauchter Zustand mit Tragespuren an Case und Band aus Februar 1984, volle Funktion von Uhr und Tag/Datumsschaltung. Langes Band und neues Inlay auf der gut drehbaren Lünette. Glas ohne Kratzer. Beim SEIKO Schriftzug auf dem Ziffernblatt ist das "S" etwas deformiert.

Die grosse Stopsekunde muss sich manchmal erst freiruckeln wenn der Chrono kalt lag oder lange nicht benutzt wurde. Alle Drücker gehen knackig wie neu.

Trage sie seit 3 Tagen und der Chronograph läuft, stopt und resettet richtig. Justage auch top und Selbsttest bei Drücker auf 4 für 3 sek. drehen alle Chronographenzeiger einmal rum. Kostenmässig ist ein kleiner Ölwechsel schon einkalkuliert.

Brexitpaule: Finger weg von meinen pics :D copyright :D

And Finger to you too, Carlos.

October 11, 2018 at 1:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Here's another 7A38-7070 in similar, but slightly more original and unmolested condition, which was listed at lunchtime today by an Italian eBay seller, as a 7-day auction, with an opening bid price of 220 Euros. The seller has only uploaded the one photo.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142971037257

Seiko sport 100 7A38-7070

In ottime condizioni, solo un leggero graffio sul vetro.

October 11, 2018 at 9:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.