Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > 7Axx General Discussion Area > Boxes

mahamithra

Yep I know we should keep our eyes on the donut and not the hole.  But can anyone put together or is there already an article on what boxes came with which watches in the 7A38 and 7A28 range?

January 8, 2017 at 9:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

I certainly don't have the time to do it. The box used depends very much on the geography (country) in which the watch was sold.

There is an old thread I started in the eBay section a few years back, which gives a few examples:

http://www.seiko7a38.com/apps/forums/topics/show/7821391 Boxing clever - as one frequently has to on eBay nowadays

There's also this thread - which nobody ever responded to, so I didn't bother to continue with:

http://www.seiko7a38.com/apps/forums/topics/show/7822038 Show us your boxes, papers, other props and stands - with 7Axx's naturally

January 8, 2017 at 9:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

a1topdog

Whatever I collect I like to also hunt for the accessories - instructions , boxes , advertising etc. 

For reference this is the box from my 7a48.  Note: Box and sleeve show they are UK made

July 27, 2018 at 2:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Steve. That is the standard Seiko UK presentation box used from the mid to late Eighties. It also comes moulded in Grey plastic (equally as common as Burgundy) and also in Seiko's deep shade of blue, which oddly enough, seem a lot scarcer.

July 27, 2018 at 2:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

a1topdog

Seiko7A38 at July 27, 2018 at 2:54 PM

Steve. That is the standard Seiko UK presentation box used from the mid to late Eighties. It also comes moulded in Grey plastic (equally as common as Burgundy) and also in Seiko's deep shade of blue, which oddly enough, seem a lot scarcer.

From experience I find the jewellers back in the day seemed to stuff the watches in whatever box they had to hand, and if you were lucky it was from the same manufacturer and if you were really lucky it was the correct watch for the box!  You also have to remember that a lot of people walked out of the shop with the watch on their wrist and wasn't even interested in taking the box.

July 27, 2018 at 3:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.