Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Sticky: PhotoBucket - The Final Meltdown ?

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Seiko7A38 at March 27, 2020 at 6:43 AM

This morning, when I came to upload another couple of photos to my PhotoBucket, I was confronted by another different pop-up message from those money-grabbing bastards.

I know I (ab)use it a lot myself, but Sarcasm is the lowest form of Wit. This morning when I came to upload a couple of images to PhotoBucket, I was confronted with a new pop-up message:

Once again, I declined their 'generous' offer to upgrade. My current Plus20 annual subscription (which incidentally, still has 63% available storage capacity remaining, according to their login pull-down) doesn't run out for 2 more months - on 25th June to be precise. Let's see what they're offering then - that is, if they're still in business.

April 24, 2020 at 4:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

This morning I came to upload a couple of images to Photobucket to be confronted by what initially appeared to be the same sarcastically worded pop-up message. :mad: But then I noticed that the wording of the last block of text was slightly different.

The additional sentence(s) read:

.... or lock in your (50% discount) savings for a full year. Just $6.50 per month or $64.76 for a full year of unlimited storage and hosting!

That $64.76 for a year sounded like a reasonably fair offer. I deliberated for a while, went and had a ciggy and a cup of coffee. Even though my existing pre-paid Plus20 annual subscription still has just under 2 months remaining, I decided to go for it now. I clicked on the 'Upgrade Today' button. It took me through to the payment screen, where after applying the discount code, it only gave me the option to pay a recurring charge of $6.50 per month. The option to make a one-off payment of $64.76 for a full year simply wasn't there. So once again, I've passed. Incidentally, to save you doing the mental arithmetic, $64.76 equates to only $5.40 per month. Twelve months @ $6.50 = $78. Failed again - at basic maths, PhotoBucket ! :roll:

April 30, 2020 at 2:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

PhotoBucket was acting up earlier this evening - refusing to display (any of my) albums and failing to upload photos (even after giving you the option). So after reporting it on downdetector.com, I checked out their Facebook page - to find only this comment posted earlier today by yet another dissatisfied irate customer.

May 5, 2020 at 4:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Earlier this week, upon attempting to upload a few more photos, I was met by yet another different pop-up screen, with a sarcastic pseudo-congratulory worded missive from my incompetent image hosts.

According to them, I have now succeeded in reaching the milestone of uploading 250,000 photos !! :o I would beg to differ, as even now, I have still only used 38% of my allotted 20GB storage capacity. I don't know exactly how many images that equates to (because they hid that number last year), but I suspect it's a long way short of 50,000, let alone 250,000. But the classic mistake is right at the top of the message in bold blue type - they can't even spell their own company name properly - Photobuket FFS !! :lol:

May 16, 2020 at 3:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

My apologies (on behalf of my pathetic excuse for an image host) if the forum looks a bit of a mess this afternoon. PhotoBucket appear to be suffering another outage / partial meltdown. Most forum threads have some, if not all their embedded images missing, replaced by PhotoBucket's standard sorry excuse for a placeholder. :roll:

I first noticed it happening around 6:00am, when I was searching for something and looked at an old thread (about Yema N9's) and found to my dismay that almost all that thread's embedded images had 'gone walkabout'. :(

DownDetector.com reports show that it started around 4:00am (UK time):

Although it's not completely down, as such - just LOTS of my photos missing. :mad:

I managed to sign in OK. Here's how my Recent Uploads page currently looks:

I've just checked PhotoBucket's FaceBook page and it seems I'm not alone.

Here's a few appropriate choice comments left within the last 6 hours or so:

May 21, 2020 at 9:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Looks like PhotoBucket have finally woken up to the problem (10 hours later). :roll: They posted this acknowledgement in response to the issue, on their FaceBook page about 5 minutes ago. Awaiting further appropriate choice comments. :lol:

Speaking of which, I see they've also posted this in reply to those earlier comments:

May 21, 2020 at 11:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

36 hours into this latest PhotoBucket outage (24 hours since they woke up and acknowledged it) and my account appears to be almost back to normal, although there are still a few photos missing from various albums. I can log in and upload images. :) Meanwhile, it continues to adversely affect many other frustrated users. Here's just a couple of samples of the 3 dozen or so justifiably irate comments that have been left on their FaceBook page within the last 24 hours.

May 22, 2020 at 11:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

My PhotoBucket hosting appears to be working again OK at the moment (he says 'Touch Wood'). Yesterday 'the team' added two more posts to their FaceBook page, claiming that they'd since resolved all the issues - and announcing that they were buggering off for the holiday weekend.

Deservedly, those two posts have attracted a few appropriate choice comments:

Those FaceBook comments are sorted by 'Most Relevant' (default). Personally I'd opine that Barry Smith's observant post 'like watching the Titanic sink' is the most relevant. I'm now almost one month away from the expiry date of my existing annual subscription and I really don't know whether I want to continue doing business with this Bunch of money-grabbing self-serving and totally unsupportive W@nkers.

May 23, 2020 at 12:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

On the Tuesday following last holiday weekend, those clowns at PhotoBucket had the temerity to post this on their FaceBook page, claiming to be back and (a)live:

Goes without saying, it was met with derision and has currently received two dozen and more comments - virtually all of them complaints of one kind or another:

Although (from those I've checked recently, at least) all my images appear to be present and displaying correctly, I'm seeing quite a few problems myself - some similar to those experienced by the poster Richard Cooley.

I can still upload images, but frequently, especially when uploading multiples, at least a couple fail to upload, requiring a second attempt. The Organizer Checkbox (...) icons have completely disappeared from all thumbnails, meaning that I can't move nor delete any photos, nor use that to get to the 'share' links. :mad: Also the Left and Right arrows, that I'd normally use to tab between a string of photos (within one album) have stopped working too, making navigation a real pain in the arse. :(

I am now a little over 3 weeks away from the renewal of my PhotoBucket annual subscription and am having some serious doubts as to whether I will bother. :/

May 31, 2020 at 5:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.