Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Sticky: PhotoBucket - The Final Meltdown ?

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

And so it drags on. Overnight, someone at PhotoBucket had the balls to finally post another excuse for an update on their FaceBook page. There's no apology as such, just wishing users a Happy New Year. :roll:

It's attracted two dozen or so comments in the last 10 hours. Note the wording of the second one above. It has been edited, but surprisingly hasn't been deleted yet - indicating that there may be more than a ring of truth to it. :/

FWIW, here's screen prints of most of the remainder at the time of writing:

January 3, 2020 at 3:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

As I wrote on the previous page, someone at PhotoBucket is keeping a very close watching eye on their Facebook page. Literally dozens of caustic comments from aggrieved users have conveniently been deleted over the past two weeks. Which makes it difficult to keep track. I seem to remember seeing over 150 comments left, at one point, against their previous callous (early) Happy Hanukkah 'update' of 27th December. This morning only 108 remain.

However, if you sort the comments by 'Newest', rather than the default 'Most Relevent', there have been a few more updates added, including this one:

So at least one of the affected users who still can't access their accounts is seeing a personalized message from PhotoBucket CEO Ted Leonard, when they try to log in. Some consolation. :roll:

January 3, 2020 at 4:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

It is now Day # 19 of the PhotoBucket downtime debacle, which began with a complete outage on the afternoon of December 18th. I just had a quick scroll through their FaceBook page and totted up the remaining number of irate and justifiably sarcastic comments left by disgruntled users during this period (those which haven't conveniently been deleted) and it totals over 900. Judging by the rate they were deleting them at one point, the true number is probably double that. Even today, there are users with paid subscriptions (including one unfortunate who paid for the top tier 'Expert' level), claiming they still can't access their accounts !! :o

Tomorrow, Monday 6th January should be the PhotoBucket team's first proper day back at work, after the long holiday break - unless they're also planning on taking Three Kings' Day (Epiphany) off. :roll:

Meanwhile, in preparation for the onslaught tomorrow, it looks like they've been using a (ro)bot to whittle down what must surely be a horrendous backlog of open support tickets. This landed in my email inbox about an hour ago:

** The VIP Experience ** ??????? My Arse ! 

January 5, 2020 at 12:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

It's now THREE WEEKS since the start of the PhotoBucket downtime debacle. Yesterday evening, somebody dared to post another 'update' on their FaceBook page. Evidently there are STILL LOTS of users unable to access their accounts, or claiming their photos are missing. By this morning, this latest update had attracted more than 40 mostly negative comments. Here are a couple of extracts:

PS - I note with contempt that someone is still quietly continuing to selectively delete some of the more caustic comments, which had deservedly been left in response to their earlier posts. It's a bit late for a damage limitation exercise. :roll:

January 8, 2020 at 4:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

As of this morning, there are now 128 comments left against PhotoBucket's most recent FaceBook 'update', though I'm sure plenty more have been deleted in the interim. Here's a small selection that have been left within the last 24 hours. Note two of them mention legal action. Watch them get edited or disappear altogether.

January 11, 2020 at 3:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

It's nearly FOUR WEEKS since the start of the PhotoBucket downtime debacle.

Earlier today, they posted another interim 'update' on their FaceBook page. :roll:

January 13, 2020 at 4:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

It is now 4 weeks - almost to the hour. That lastest post continues to attract mostly negative comments. Here's a few more of the current batch of 50 which haven't yet been deleted. Note the lengthy one by a long-time once loyal user.

I thought that team photo was quite appropriate too. :lol:

January 14, 2020 at 9:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

The caustic, sarcastic and mostly negative comments, in response to their sporadic 'updates' continue to stack up on PhotoBucket's Facebook page - including further suggestions from disgruntled users about a class action lawsuit. Some of them are getting a bit near the mark. I've given up trying to keep track of how many such comments have been deleted. Perhaps their 'covert F/B clean-up crew' have given up fighting what is rapidly becoming a losing battle. When I had another quick look this afternoon, I was a bit surprised to see these two were still left there. 

Incidentally, 'Chip Olata' (amusing pseudonym) who clearly rightfully has a chip on his shoulder, is the same person who uploaded the 'team at work' photo yesterday.

January 15, 2020 at 11:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

And so it drags on - for the (dis)affected users. :( 

Here's the latest batch of comments left against that most recent 'update' on their FaceBook page, within the last 24 hours or so. They currently total of over 100 remaining (which haven't been deleted) in that particular thread.

January 17, 2020 at 7:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

In what can only be viewed as a Kamikaze tactic, guaranteed to further antagonize already disgruntled users, it appears that PhotoBucket are still attempting to extort increased payments for 'enhanced services' from existing pre-paid customers. This comment was posted on their Facebook page within the last 15 hours.

That isn't actually a 'new development' as such (and certainly not 'fun'. Trust me).

I saw the same screen myself back on 19th December (the 2nd day of the outage).

There is a subtle difference however, between the FaceBook poster's screen print and mine. He can see his albums / sub-albums tree in the left hand sidebar (albeit greyed out), which must make it even more frustrating for him. Mine were empty / completely missing at the time (apart from my avatar, which is in my Bucket) ! 

January 18, 2020 at 4:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.