Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > 7Axx General Discussion Area > Sticky: The ONE and ONLY WRUW thread ....

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Pinch, punch, first of the month and top of another new page. :P Just quickly trying on my slightly blingy US market 7A38-7069 SAA028J. It doesn't get to see the light of day very often. In fact, I can't remember when I last wore it. That I had to extend the bracelet clasp adjustment by another pair of holes to get it to fit my wrist might be an indication. Opened the collection box this morning and noticed this was doing the 'two-second-two-step' low battery indicator, so next job is ....

June 1, 2020 at 5:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Another blingy one that I've just replaced the battery in. :roll: My gold-tone 7A38-706B Italian market variant, which I'd tentatively fitted with a period Pryngeps leather strap; I've since decided to keep it on.

June 1, 2020 at 8:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

This morning, I've been evaluating a couple of the 'lesser' examples of the gold-tone 7A38-7260 SA100J in my collection (I have far too many of them). One of them is due for the chop - or a new lease of life, depending how you look at it.

June 2, 2020 at 5:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Here's the dial / movement from the second, worst of those two well-worn gold-tone 7A38-7260's, now transplanted into my recently acquired salesman's sample case.

I've written up a 7A38-xxxx model-specific thread which documents my ownership of the various examples in my collection. It's not quite finished yet. ;)

June 3, 2020 at 5:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Another from the same row of the same collection box. My first stainless 7A38-7260 SAA097J. As purchased , it was quite a well-worn beater, but I re-finished the case (one of my earliest efforts) and fitted a NOS bezel and the matching dark grey teju lizard strap that it still wears to this day.

I was going through some old photo albums (taken with my previous camera, way back in January 2010) and found this one. It's exactly the same as it was back then.

June 4, 2020 at 9:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kerochan

Paul, what are the odds that your last post is actually exactly the same ref that I very recently acquired. Just wish mine was in as good condition as yours! It has a really beat up crystal and has a sticky seconds hands but the case and bezel are actually quite OK. I only found out after my purchase that the hands have been tampered with but it actually makes it much more legible compared to the original hands. And for some reason it came on a very fitting Seiko-bracelet, but from your previous posts this model only came on leather strap?  

June 5, 2020 at 4:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.