Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > 7A38-xxxx Model Specific Area > 7A38-6020 SAA043J - Black Chrome Large 'Diver' (Brown coating)

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Seiko7A38 at August 21, 2014 at 2:58 PM

With an opening bid price of 320 Euros (and no PayPal payment option) I'd say this Italian eBay seller is pushing his luck somewhat.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221528729394

The brief description simply reads:

Raro Seiko Sport 100 quarzo cronografo giorno e data uomo subaqueo 7A38- 6020

Plus there's only the one photo:

.... in which there's plenty of evidence of wear to the brown outer coating, through the black chrome to the base metal underneath.

Typically, the bezel printing is faded to yellow, plus the acrylic inlay is spit at 30 (instead of at the bezel pip where it usually goes).

What the condition of the bracelet is like, in tems of coating wear or number of adjustment links present, is anybody's guess. :/

That Italian eBay auction listing for a 7A38-6020 ended a few minutes ago. Not exactly a surprise (to me) there were no takers. :roll:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221528729394

August 24, 2014 at 3:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

The would-be Italian eBay seller re-listed it almost immediately - exactly the same as before. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221531006781

August 24, 2014 at 3:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Two days (of the 3-day re-listing) later, the Italian eBay seller Carlo_95 made a couple of revisions:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemRevisionDetails&item=221531006781

.... Adding the desirable (especially when dealing with Italian eBay sellers) PayPal option and two more less-than-all-revealing photos:

It made no difference. Again there were no bids - and so re-listed once again this morning: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221533896855

August 27, 2014 at 4:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

This eBay listing for a brown-coated 7A38-6020 appeared overnight. Exactly why the Filipino seller time_essence has written the phrase: “polished, with tolerable hairline scratches.” in both his Sellers Notes and Description is something of a mystery, because compared to other previous examples of this model we've seen coming out of the Philppines, this one appears to be in reasonable condition - and remarkably unmolested. One can only assume this anomoly has been copied over from a previous listing template.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301342384656

A MUST-HAVE COLLECTION OF SEIKO CHRONOGRAPH MENS WATCH

ITEM DESCRIPTIONS 

Authentic Seiko chronograph Mens Watch, japan made. original black dial and hands, pvd bezel-rotates with click, case is pvd and backcase are SS, original crown, pvd bracelet, quartz movement. See pictures for best descriptions.

Sizes are approximately 43mm excluding crown x 43mm lug to lug, up to 7.50 wrist size

WATCH CONDITION 

1. polished , with tolerable scratches

2. Machine cleaned and oiled two weeks ago. No Water test

3. Newly serviced, watch gives time

Other Features: Quick set

Yes, the circumference of the case-back may have been polished, to remove slipped tool-marks, but otherwise there's just the usual rubbing wear to the coating on the bracelet and bezel - and the bezel lettering has faded from orange to pale yellow, which is quite normal for this model. Even the bracelet is a reasonable length at the stated 7.5". It'll be interesting to see what this one makes.

October 6, 2014 at 3:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Thought that might end in something of a snipe-fest. With 10 seconds to go, bidding was still only @ $81, but it ended at double that. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301342384656

Sold for $168.05 - equivalent to approx. £104.84 after 12 bids - the last 4 bids coming in the final 5 seconds.

October 12, 2014 at 7:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Erstwhile fanatical Australian collector Stuart Lennard (ex-forum member 'ginny') appears to be carrying on with the dissolution of his 7Axx collection. Two weeks ago he listed eight various 7Axx's on eBay: a mixture of 7A28's, 7A38's and 7A48's. Overnight, he's listed another ten - mostly 7A38's this time. I'm not going to speculate as to his reasons - nor am I going to pass unnecessary comment on all of them. I'll simply document the sales of those where we already have a pre-existing 7A38-xxxx model specific thread, like this one.

Here's Stuart's listing for the brown-coated / black chrome 7A38-6020: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121464189995

I've only bothered uploading 4 of Stuart's 12 photos from his eBay listing because quite frankly most of them are abysmal. Eight of them are very similar head on shots of the watch in its presentation box in varying degrees of lightness - or should I say darkness. :roll:

SHIPPING EXPRESS 3-4 DAYS WITH TRACKING $42.00 WITHIN AUSTRALIA EXPRESS WITH TRACKING $13.00

RARE OFFER HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO OWN ONE OF THE RAREST SEIKOS SEIKO 7A38-6020 NEW OLD STOCK 

BOX...TAG....BOOKS ALL FUNCTIONS WORK AS THEY SHOULD 

I AM HAPPY TO COMBINE SHIPPING WITH ONE OR TWO OR THREE WATCHES, ALL THE SAME SHIPPING PRICE $42.00 

IF YOU WIN MORE THAN ONE AUCTION, WAIT TILL I SEND YOU INVOICE WITH ADJUSTED SHIPPING RATE. 

WITHIN AUSTRALIA..WAIT TILL I SEND INVOICE WITH ADJUSTED SHIPPING RATE.$13.00 

I only send to confirmed paypal address. No Post office Boxes. 

Customer is responsible for additional if any custom fees brockerage fees, duties and or taxes. 

SORRY BUT DUE TO POSTAGE RESTICTIONS I CANNOT SHIP WITH BATTERY

Strangely enough, I can't tie this 7A38-6020 in to a NOS example of 7A38-6020 previously documented in this thread. I remember Stuart telling me in an email that he'd negotiated for the one listed by Italian seller Goffre78, back in September last year (see previous page), but that he'd been screwed over in the deal. This doesn't look like the same watch, because Goffre78's had very bright orange bezel lettering, whereas on Stuart's, the bezel lettering appears to be somewhat faded (not uncommon). I'd suspect however that it more than likely came from an Italian eBay seller (because of the white cardboard Seiko presentation box). Note also it has completely the wrong tag attached (for a SZY849J, instead of SAA043J), which immediately puts me in mind of that other Italian eBay husband and wife team of Angeli_65 and Strega_68. Perhaps I missed one ....? :/

October 19, 2014 at 6:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Stuart's eBay auction for his NOS brown coated 7A38-6020 is due to end in almost exactly 12 hours time - at 1:13am (BST) Sunday morning, UK time - just before the clocks go back an hour (to GMT). It's the first of his current batch (of 11) eBay auctions to end.

I'm not sure if I'll bother staying up to report the results live. Let's see. Bidding is currently @ $580 (approx. £360) and I have a suspicion it'll go higher still. What I have observed (and is already p!ssing me off no end) is the persistant bidding by 4***d (23).

This is the same Japanese bidder and would-be profiteering re-seller who won Stuart's previous eBay auctions for his NOS 7A28-710A and 7A38-7140 and as soon as he received  them, listed both on Yahoo Japan auctions at a considerable mark-up. Looks like he has designs on quite a few of the current batch too, besides this 7A38-6020.

But, in the meantime, and speaking of profiteering eBay / YJ Japanese re-sellers, he's not alone. Swotlab has been at it for years:mad:

Indeed, although from memory, Swotlab also won a couple of Stuart's previous batch of 8 eBay auctions and has since listed them on Yahoo Japan (e.g. his 7A48-5010), this brown-coated 7A38-6020, which Swotlab listed on YJ today came from elsewhere on eBay.

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g145183173

激レア! セイコー 7A38 ビックベゼル クロノ/ジウジアーロ

Google translates the Japanese description as follows:

It will be made ​​in 1984 Seiko chronograph overseas model "7A38-6020".

7A38 is the world's first multi-function analog quartz watch in 1983, which also became a base of Giugiaro model

They are the upper model of 7A28 which was launched as.

Chronograph (split measurement is also possible) as at the time such as the calendar is the watch of the highest performance.

In addition, this model is one that has been released only abroad, I was equipped with a rugged rotating bezel Among the

This model will be very difficult to obtain a rare model.

Subtracting one stage the crown I can fix the day of the week and day.

Day of the week display will be in English and Arabic.

Body size: Side 43x vertical 42mm, thickness 12mm

Band has original stainless band is attached.

There is a slight deterioration.

About arms around 21cm

The delivery method will be the only Sagawa Express prepayment.

Enclosed shipping possibility. Watch the postage be what piece successful bid will be uniform.

● ● Chubu Kansai Kanto ● ● ● Shin-Etsu Hokuriku: 750 yen

● China (Okayama, Hiroshima, Yamaguchi, Tottori, Shimane): 860 yen

● southern Tohoku (Miyagi, Yamagata and Fukushima): 860 yen

● Kyushu Shikoku ● ● Tohoku (Aomori, Akita, Iwate) North: 970 yen

● Hokkaido: 1250 yen

※ Okinawa and Honshu, Shikoku, Kyushu, even if you live in Hokkaido, please inquire the postage remote island in case.

Condition.

Appearance: I think good condition in spite of the old ones.

Operation: works but the remaining battery capacity can not be guaranteed.

● Note ●

Condition of appearance we have described in the range seen. Because I think that there is also overlooked that point

Please ask a question before a nervous one person certainly bid to state.

Since it is an old thing, claims thank you within three days after goods arrival of if you do not work at all.

Please note we can not accept any claim if more number of days has elapsed.

Please have a look, I have been in a self-introduction in relation to the day that can be shipped.

Please reply within contact for 36 hours from here If you are successful bid is in dealings Navi.

Saturday and Sunday, thank you within 48 hours you disconnect the holiday.

Certainly please see because it exhibits other in a variety of products also.

14_10_25

This is of course the very same brown-coated 7A38-6020 sold by Filipino eBay seller time_essence on 13th October for $168:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301342384656

Not only does the (over-polished) case-back serial number 4O6023 match (if you squint hard at both sets of photos), but you can see Swotlab's eBay ID mcn260 (which shows as either c***2 or 2***m in abbreviated / encrypted form) as the winning bidder.

October 25, 2014 at 8:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

The first of Stuart Lennard's current batch of eBay auctions - for his NOS brown-coated 7A38-6020 has just ended .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121464189995

It sold for $590 (USD rather than AUD) equivalent to approx. £366.87 after 30 bids. Unfortunately the winning bidder was the would-be profiteering Japanese re-seller using the eBay ID 4***d (23), so I suspect this 7A38-6020 will also re-appear on Yahoo Japan Auctions in a couple of weeks time, with the price marked up accordingly disproportionately. 

October 25, 2014 at 8:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Exactly as I predicted. 8)

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r120581060

セイコー 7A38-6020 デッドストック! ジウジアーロ【激レア】

For the record, Google translates the Japanese (re)seller's description as follows:

[Product name] SEIKO QUARTZ Chronograph SPORT 100 7A38-6020 

[Overview] 7A38 also became the base of Giugiaro model

As the world's first multi-function analog quartz watch.

The improved 7A28 which was released, and was equipped with a day-date function. It will be the model. 

This model of unused goods in dead stock products. It is very difficult to obtain rare model. The color is dark brown. 

[Serial No.] 405 846 (October 84 manufacturing) 

[Size] W × about 43.5mm (not including crown)

Base metal, stainless steel case back cover. Belt, I have Furukoma. 

[Waterproof] 100M waterproof. November 2014 waterproof tested. 

[Drive]Quartz Chronograph. November 2014 battery replaced. Date will be in English / Spanish.

[Operation] Confirmed, there is no Chronograph all problems.

(Question please to end two days ago when it was measured is hope of day difference. You tried.) 

[Accessories] Within the outer box packaging, the instruction manual at that time with a warranty tag. (I have torn the outer box) 

[Condition] There is no scratch that can be visually dial Case windshield belt.

There is a flaw in the case of battery replacement on the back cover. There is some dirt on the needle. 

[Shipping] Shipping is free. It is planned to Yamato Transport, but please tell if any of the specified delivery company. 

[Other] Basic, but is a no claim no return, if you have immobility trouble by this negligence, the returned goods correspondence of consultation when it is within 14 days of arrival will respond.

(Claims such as different in kind and photos will be impossible.)

Question please if you have any questions. 

※ other I have sent also. Please have a look. 

Question to exhibitor

The would-be profiteering re-seller's Buy-it-Now asking price of 98,000 Yen is equivalent to approx. $855 USD / £536.50 GBP, compared to the eBay price paid, less than two weeks ago of $590 USD / £367 GBP. 

What I find mildly amusing is that thanks to this incompetent newcomer's efforts, there are now two brown 7A38-6020's on YJ ! :lol:

November 5, 2014 at 8:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

I dunno about  Mega Rare:roll: There's certainly no shortage of them in Japan at the moment. :lol: 

Listed this afternoon by the German eBay seller akarides who's currently giving his location as being in Italy ....

Where oddly enough, brown coated 7A38-6020's seem to turn up on eBay more regularly than anywhere else ....

But their coatings are usually in rather better condition than this very well worn example which he's now offering. :(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111509998540

To buy a new watch from my collection I am selling a vintage SEIKO CHRONOGRAPH SPORTS 100 7A38 - 6020 reference. 

It is probably one of the rarest Seiko 7Axx Series Chronograph ever produced and really very hard to find.

A really massive and impressive chronograph: diameter is about 42,5 mm, thicktness about 13,5 mm and weight about 135 gramms. 

This exceptionally rare version has an "unique" metal case and bracelet with BROWN coating, massive brown coated metal rotating bezel with orange numbers to measure diving times. Unfortunately, as always happens on this vintage "coated" cases, the brown coating has wear and has faded expecially in the points that are more contact during the daily use. 

Very particular matt brown dial with ORANGE writings; orange styled hands for the chronometer and matt gold for the watch; tritium on indexes and on the hands; original Hardlex domed Crystal: dial and hands are in mint conditions. 

The watch is complete with its original bracelet reference Z1207. 

Anyway I think that the photos speak more than every word; I added a lot of detailed photos to show the exact conditions: indeed a very rare and unrestored 7A38. 

The serial number (51xxxx) dates this watch to the begin of 1985: all is in original conditions exactly as came out from the factory.

All functions are working properly: the stop-functions are working fine and the hands are running back to 12 o'clock position as intended to when resetting.

I will ship worldwide at the standard shipping cost. 

I am offering this item as private seller since I am a watch collector: no warranty and no return, but watch is 100% original, exactly as described and pictured (please see my feedbacks to verify my seriousness). 

Please ask for every question.

I could, but I'm being polite. :P

Note in the above photos there appears to be some issue with bracelet attachment on the 12 o'clock side. I doesn't sit quite right. 

I've noticed that akarides is in the habit of obscuring case-back serial numbers. I wouldn't call him a 'dealer' per se, but let's just say he buys and sells a few 7Axx's. This one has presumably been 'in his collection' since some time after the end of August this year.

Scroll back up the page to my post dated August 27th. It's the very same 7A38-6020 - serial # 511198 - same scratches too. 8)

Now you know why the previous would-be Italian eBay seller didn't show any of the top side of the bracelet in his two photos. 

November 8, 2014 at 10:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

That eBay auction for the 7A38-6020 with badly worn brown coating (above) ended yesterday at around 3:00pm UK time. Thanks mainly to the misguided efforts of the persistent winning bidder, who placed 17 of the 44 bids, it sold for 250 Euros (approx. £199).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111509998540

November 19, 2014 at 3:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

I'm pretty sure that I've expressed my doubts about the legitimacy of German / Spanish / Italian eBay seller akarides auctions before.

If I haven't said it publicly, I've certainly had my private suspicions that he regularly uses shill bidding, amongst other dubious tactics.

Perhaps that's what I should have written in my previous post. Because that's exactly what I was thinking. 

No surprise, here's the same well-worn brown-coated 7A38-6020 back again, re-listed as a Buy-it-Now for a laughable 350 Euros.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111533418104

November 29, 2014 at 2:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Akarides re-listing for his well-worn brown coated 7A38-6020 ended in the early hours of this morning - sold against a best offer.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111533418104

I'd omitted to mention the couple of lines he'd added to the description:

PLEASE NOTE: Item was relisted because previous buyer didn't complete the transaction. (Yeah right)

I fixed a reasonable (read ludicrous) Buy It Now price considering the rarity of the watch (shipping will be free Worldwide using Buy It now). I will consider serious and reasonable offers. Please bidders under 10 feedbacks please contact me before.

Somehow I suspect it was the only offer he received.

http://www.goofbid.com/ebay_best_offers_tool.html?gbo_username=Akarides

42.86% of his pie-in-the-sky 350 Euros Buy-it-Now price equates to exactly 200 Euros. I bet he nearly took their arm off. :roll:

December 2, 2014 at 6:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Seiko7A38 at November 5, 2014 at 8:36 AM

The would-be profiteering re-seller's Buy-it-Now asking price of 98,000 Yen is equivalent to approx. $855 USD / £536.50 GBP, compared to the eBay price paid, less than two weeks ago of $590 USD / £367 GBP. 

What I find mildly amusing is that thanks to this incompetent newcomer's efforts, there are now two brown 7A38-6020's on YJ ! :lol:

And so it carries on into the New Year, with both 7A38-6020's unsold and being re-listed on an almost weekly basis. :roll:

The YJ listing numbers remain the same:

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r120581060 and http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g145183173

However, would-be profiteering re-seller l_h_m_m has reduced his opening bid price a second time - now down to 'only' 75,000 Yen. Ironically, due to currency fluctuations (weak Yen) over the last couple of months, he now needs to make at least 76,000 Yen, just to break even and cover the $590 (+ $42 shipping) that he paid Stuart Lennard for it at the end of October. Oh dear, what a shame. :P

January 2, 2015 at 4:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

I've had to chuckle to myself over the last couple of weeks as those two brown coated 7A38-6020's have been re-listed ad nauseam on Yahoo Japan by their would-be profiteering re-sellers. Old hand Swotlab has got one over on comparative newcomer l_h_m_m, by now re-listing his on a daily basis - which of course  means it's constantly flagged as 'new' and comes higher in the search results.

Of course if you really want a 7A38-6020, the place to look is Italy. Not just eBay, but the other Italian classified sites: Kijiji and Subito.

I found a couple that I'd missed earlier, using an Italian sales site search engine. This listing is from late November last year:

http://prodotti.annuncifacile.it/ext/annuncio-13524584/Seiko-Sports-100-7a38-6020.html

Vendo raro Seiko Sports 100 7a38-6020 anni '85-'86 con batteria da sostituire. oggetto introvabile con scatola.

.... and this from only a week ago - in fact the listing was still live on Subito.it earlier this morning - I just missed saving the photos ! :mad:

http://prodotti.annuncifacile.it/ext/annuncio-16961121/Seiko-quartz-crono-vintage-nuovo.html

Vendo bellissimo Crono Seiko quartz vintage anni 80, nuovo, mai indossato, proveniente da collezione. Perfettamente funzionante, color verde oliva militare, tutto originale, anche il cartellino. Modello 7A38-6020.

Don't bother clicking on the links - both the original Kijiji.it and Subito.it listings have already been removed. :(

January 29, 2015 at 7:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

What was it I wrote, earlier today about Italy being the place to look for a 7A38-6020 ? :lol: Just listed on eBay Italy this evening:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291367746981

SEIKO SPORTS 100 Chronograph 

Il più raro e forse il più bello della serie Sports 100

vintage anni 80

cassa acciaio pvd cioccolato, diametro 43mm escluso corone, quadrante integro e ottimamente conservato, sfere arancio, daydate al 3 con rimessa rapida (giorni settimana bianchi al di fuori della domenica che è di colore blu)

vetro minerale (piccoli segni non deturpanti) ghiera bidirezionale, corona al 8 e altri tre pulsanti per la cronometria, rilevazione tempo parziali e crono al centesimo di secondo.

alimentazione al quarzo seiko japan con motore a 15 (!!) rubini e ponti lavorati.

fondello serrato a vite con caratteristiche incise

perfettamente funzionante in tutte le sue parti, condizioni come foto, qualche normale perdita del rivestimento sugli spigoli, corredato di bracciale originale con TUTTE le maglie e scatola originale.

RICERCATISSIMO DAI COLLEZIONISTI

PIU' UNICO CHE RARO!!!

Athough it's described as 'fully functional in all its parts', I'd suspect the centre seconds chrono' hand might be a bit problematic;)

January 29, 2015 at 12:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Meanwhile over on Yahoo Japan, the one-upmanship continues. :roll:

In his latest re-listing, would-be profiteering re-seller l_h_m_m has further reduced his opening bid price - now down to 68,000 Yen.

February 2, 2015 at 5:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Slightly belated update on that brown-coated 7A38-6020 listed on eBay Italy at the end of January. It went unsold first time around. The seller then re-listed it, reducing the opening bid from 199 Euros down to 159 Euros. That auction ended yesterday afternoon, after only 3 bids, selling for 161.09 Euros (approx. £119.29).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291374351114

Unfortunately, that won't be the last we see of that particular brown-coated 7A38-6020. The winning bidder id c***8 (773) belongs to Italian profiteering eBay re-seller cmax-28762, so I expect it'll be back on eBay in a week or so's time for double the price. :roll:

February 12, 2015 at 1:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Well that one hasn't re-emerged yet - but I'm sure it will, in due course. ;)

Meanwhile overnight another brown coated 7A38-6020 appeared on eBay Italy - in the form of a D-I-Y repair kit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171709212272

Descrizione (ITA) 

SEIKO SPORTS 100 7A38-6020 Chronograph Grey - Raro Orologio Vintage degli anni '80.

NON FUNZIONANTE - PER RIPARAZIONE O RICAMBI.

Cinturino Originale SEIKO in Acciaio: è staccato da un lato (vedi foto) ma noi crediamo che può essere attaccato.

Le condizioni di quadrante e sfere sono molto buone.

Ci sono dei graffi e dei segni su cassa, vetro e fondello. La cassa è consumata in alcuni punti.

NOI CERCHIAMO DI DESCRIVERE I NOSTRI OROLOGI CON MOLTA ATTENZIONE ATTRAVERSO LA DESCRIZIONE E LE FOTO,

MA NOI VENDIAMO OGGETTI USATI E NON NUOVI QUINDI E' POSSIBILE TROVARE DEI SEGNI O DEI GRAFFI

SUGLI OROLOGI DOVUTI AL NORMALE UTILIZZO CHE NON SONO VISIBILI NELLE FOTO.

VI RICORDIAMO CHE GLI OROLOGI USATI NON SONO GARANTITI PER UN USO IN ACQUA

VENDUTO COSÌ COM'È - PER FAVORE GUARDA BENE LE FOTO

SE COMPRI PIÙ OGGETTI NELLO STESSO GIORNO (FINO A 5 OROLOGI) PAGHI SOLO UNA SPEDIZIONE

"WeLoveVintageWatches" vi augura una buona asta !!!

Description (ENG) 

SEIKO SPORTS 100 7A38-6020 Chronograph Grey - Rare Vintage Watch from the 1980s.

NOT WORKING - FOR SPARES OR REPAIRS.

Original SEIKO Stainless Steel Bracelet: it's detached from one side (see photos) but we believe this can be attached.

The conditions of the dial and hands are very good.

There are some scratches and marks on case, glass and case back. The case is worn in some places.

WE TRY TO DESCRIBE OUR WATCHES VERY CAREFULLY THROUGH THE DESCRIPTION AND PHOTOS,

BUT WE SELL USED ITEMS AND NO NEW ITEMS SO YOU CAN FIND SOME MARKS OR SCRATCHES

ON THE WATCHES FROM GENERAL WEAR WHICH ARE NOT SEEN IN THE PHOTOS.

WE REMIND YOU THAT THE WATCHES USED ARE NOT GUARANTEED FOR THE USE IN WATER

SOLD AS IS - PLEASE SEE PICTURES

IF YOU BUY MORE ITEMS IN THE SAME DAY (MAX 5 WATCHES) YOU PAY ONLY ONE SHIPPING

"WeLoveVintageWatches" wishes you a good auction !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Il 07-mar-15 alle 09:28:24 CET, il venditore ha aggiunto le seguenti informazioni sull'oggetto:

- INFORMAZIONI AGGIUNTIVE -

Come si può vedere dalle foto mancano la corona e l'albero di carica.

- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION -

As shown in the photos missing the crown and the stem.

It's probably an unfair comparison, but that addition / revision this morning reminded me of Martinachertok's 7A38-7069 ! :lol:

March 7, 2015 at 4:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

The eBay auction for that 7A38-6020 'resto' project' ended at 10:30pm yesterday evening (UK time). I had placed a bid on it earlier in the evening and was briefly the high bidder. But then I changed my mind and messaged the seller asking him to cancel my bid - I'd decided I've got far too many unfinished projects already (including one of these, from years back, that I still need to refurbish). :/

Turns out it was academic anyway - it sold for a rather surprising 101 Euros (approx. £72) - more than double my bid. :roll:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171709212272

I recognize the abbreviated / encypted winning bidder eBay ID 1***b as belonging to UK 7Axx collector Bob Barkell. 

March 14, 2015 at 7:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.