Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Non-Seiko 7Axx Discussion Area (Re-branded mvmt's) > Yema N7s and N8s spotted on eBay, LeBonCoin and Yahoo.jp

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Seiko7A38 at June 5, 2019 at 12:24 PM

This Yema N80P896 'Pseudo Plongeur' was listed this morning by an Italian eBay seller, with a 'pie-in-the-sky' Buy-it-Now price of 199 Euros and currently no option to make an offer. The seller claims it to be 'NOS' and 'New watch, never worn'. That's clearly not true. Cattivo Michele.

To start with, the triangular lume inlay is missing from the bezel. Both the  and '15' quarter markers are missing their pins and the others show wear to their gold plated heads. The hour and minute hands are aftermarket replacements. Correct original style hands are lumed gold plated 'stick' with rounded ends (see my photo below). I'd suspect that the dial's hour batons have been re-lumed to match the replacement hands. Their colour is too white. Normally dial and hands lume on this model has a light green tint. The leather strap fitted is not an original Yema strap either. Lastly, it may have a discoloured case-back protection sticker in place, but I've never seen one quite like that on any Yema N8. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254254366047

Just checking my eBay watching page and noticed this definitely NOT NOS Yema N80P896 'Pseudo Plonguer' had sold this morning for the 199 Euros Buy-it-Now price. Which if nothing else demonstrates that I'm probably wasting my time posting these salutory warnings. :roll:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254254366047

As shown by the eBay Purchase History, the buyer wasn't exactly a 'newbie' either.

June 9, 2019 at 8:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Following hot on the heels of the previous example, listed yesterday evening (see my last post at bottom of the previous page), a French eBay seller listed another Yema Spationaute III 38mm 'reduced' model # N80A696 this lunchtime, as a 10-day auction, with a wishful and highly improbable opening bid price of 459 Euros.

This example is in better cosmetic condition than the other one listed, but apart from being over-priced, it's suffering from a recalcitrant sweep second hand. It comes fitted with a non-original burgundy shark strap and an optional two-tone bracelet. As the latter is shown fitted with spring bars, it might point to the original Yema pin and tube fixings having been discarded. Incidentally, in case the padded geometric backgrounds of the photos look vaguely familiar, this is the same French eBay seller navycaptain56, who is also currently listing a full size 43mm Yema Spationaute III (the one with the missing pusher - see lower down the previous page).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223545965483

Je vends une montre chrono vintage Yema spationaute III, modèle blanc et doré, la plus petite des deux Spationaute III, en très bon état.

Attention bien que fonctionnant normalement pour l'heure et la fonction chrono, depuis le remplacement de la pile, la trotteuse centrale ne fonctionne plus, elle vibre légèrement sur place, comme si quelque chose la bloquait, probablement à réviser alors.

Les autres chronos fonctionnent normalement.

Elle est livrée montée sur un bracelet en cuir de requin bordeaux neuf, et un second en acier bicolore, dans une boite d'origine Yema.

Elle peut être envoyée en France métro pour 7,8€

I sell a vintage chrono watch Yema spationaute III, white and gold model, the smaller of the two Spationaute III, in very good condition.

Attention although working normally for time and chrono function, since the replacement of the battery, the central second hand no longer works, it vibrates slightly on the spot, as if something was blocking it, probably to revise then.

Other times work normally.

It is delivered mounted on a new burgundy shark leather strap, and a second two-tone steel one, in an original Yema box.

It can be sent worldwide for 27,1

June 9, 2019 at 12:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Yet another Yema Spationaute III was listed yesterday evening, by another French eBay seller, as a 3-day auction listing, with a possibly over-optimistic opening bid price of 300 Euros, or the option to make an offer. It appears to be in decent used condition, certainly better than the other two recently listed 43mm examples, fitted with non-original stainless bracelets, documented on the previous page. It may even still be fitted with its original Yema shark strap, but if that's the case, it's seen better days - as the seller correctly states.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293117364068

Yema Spationaute 3. État : Occasion

Cette montre est en très bel état vu l’ancienneté et fonctionne.

Le bracelet est en état correct mais peut être changé facilement.

Vous achetez ce que vous voyez.

Photos supplémentaires sur simple demande merci.

June 11, 2019 at 10:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Seiko7A38 at June 5, 2019 at 12:16 PM

This well worn Yema Spationaute III, fitted with a non-original generic stainless bracelet, was listed early this morning by a French eBay seller, as a 7-day auction, with an opening bid price of 1 Euro. The bezel is missing all its dark blue painted and white (lume?) inlays. Whereas it's not uncommon to lose the odd flake or two, if the bezel has received a knock, someone has obviously gone to the trouble of scraping out all traces of it. Easy enough to repaint, using Humbrol enamel and a small paintbrush - I've done a couple. Not so easy to repair the deep slipped tool mark damage to the case-back, inflicted by some clumsy ham-fisted botcher. :(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223540942997

The above quoted 7-day French eBay auction, for a well-worn Yema Spationaute III, stripped of its bezel inlay paint and fitted with a non-original generic stainless bracelet, ended a few moments ago, selling for 151 Euros after 25 bids.

June 11, 2019 at 12:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Seiko7A38 at June 5, 2019 at 6:19 PM

This Yema N8 Flygraf in average worn condition, fitted with a replacement shark grained leather strap, was listed earlier this evening by the French eBay seller 2015-mokra (who's recently sold a few Seiko 7A38's) as a 7-day auction, with an opening bid price of 1 Euro. The seller has misspelt 'Flygraph' [sic] in both his title and description and also evidently misread the case-back stampings. The correct Yema model number is N80Q16. It's suffering from a badly scratched crystal and a heavily scuffed case-back. The 'Mercedes' hour and minute hands are showing signs of 'lume rot'. I've seen a lot worse examples, but a lot better too (just scroll back up the page, for example).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254254981391

The above quoted 7-day French eBay auction for a Yema N8 Flygraf, in average worn condition ended a few moments ago - in what can ony be described as the best Italian tradition. :roll: It theoretically sold for 156 Euros after 16 bids ....

But if you check the bidding history, you'll quickly conclude as I did, that it was obviously shilled by not one, but two Zero feedback bidders (one newly created), who needless to say, both have 100% activity with the seller. Which goes to show what a complete and utter load of tosh this line from the seller's description really is:

Profiles less than 5 reviews contact me directly before bidding otherwise the sale will be canceled.

I suspect the losing bidder (who bid 155 Euros), will be receiving a second chance offer anytime soon, probably before I've even finished composing this post.

June 12, 2019 at 4:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

The 3-day French eBay auction for a Yema Spationaute III, in evidently decent used condition, ended a few moments ago, selling for 400 Euros after 4 bids. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293117364068

June 13, 2019 at 3:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Seiko7A38 at June 9, 2019 at 12:23 AM

This well-worn Yema Spationaute III 38mm 'reduced', model N80A696, fitted with a generic stainless bracelet, was listed yesterday evening, by a French eBay seller, as a 7-day auction, with an opening bid price of 100 Euros, or the extremely unlikely option of a Buy-it-Now price of 800 Euros for anybody foolish enough.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm//153519327678

The above quoted 7-day French eBay auction for a well-worn Yema Spationaute III 38mm 'reduced', fitted with a non-original stainless bracelet, ended a few moments ago, selling for 151 Euros after only 2 bids.

June 15, 2019 at 1:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.