Seiko 7A38 - by the numbers

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > Non-Seiko 7Axx Discussion Area (Re-branded mvmt's) > Yema N7s and N8s spotted on eBay, LeBonCoin and Yahoo.jp

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

This blingy Yema N81W63 Breguet Classique clone was listed mid-week by a US eBay seller, with a Buy-it-Now price of $159.95 and currently no 'Make Offer' option. It's in decent used condition, still fitted with its original Yema ribbed black leather strap, but sadly marred by a typlically graunched case-back. :( It's in need of a battery replacement, so here's hoping the next person to attempt unscrewing the case-back knows what he's doing. :roll:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173699575814

YEMA Paris N81W63 Stainless Steel & Gold Plated Watch w/Black Leather Band

Watch needs a replacement battery.

Pre-owned beautiful watch is with clear crystal no scratches or chips.

Back of watch case shows scratches.

Features:

• Gold plated dial

• Black Roman numerals

• Sweep second hand

• Three subsidiary dials

• Day and date box,

• Tachymetre

• Quartz movement

• Water resistant,

• Serial Number 2582

Please view photos and thank you for looking.

vp/ej/B6

December 23, 2018 at 3:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

The above 7-day eBay listing for a Yema N81W63 ended with the watch unsold. The US eBay seller re-listed it, dropping the Buy-it-Now price by $10 to $149.95. It sold late last night for the reduced price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173710548594

As confirmed by the eBay Purchase History:

December 28, 2018 at 10:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Seiko7A38 at November 6, 2018 at 3:12 PM

I've seen some ridiculous 'pie-in-the-sky' prices asked for Yema Spationaute III's over the years, but I think this is a new record for stupidity. Listed at lunchtime today by a French seller with a Buy-it-Now price of 1200 Euros !!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223219876917

Continuing the long-running saga of the ludicrously over-priced supposedly new Yema Spationaute III, listed by the deluded French eBay seller rosangui78 ....

If you've read the full version of my above partially quoted post and the equally lengthy update I wrote a week or so later, on the previous page, then you'll probably have gathered that I'd exchanged a number of messages with the French eBay seller. It started off quite pleasantly, with me trying to convince him that his asking price was completely unrealistic, particularly in view of the fact that he hadn't had the watch's original battery replaced in 25 years !  :o

After a while, I thought he might actually be coming around and although I really didn't need another Yema Spationaute III, I made him what might be considered a couple of 'lowball' offers (low that is compared to his ridiculous asking price). At one point, he actually made a counter-offer of 400 Euros, but before I had a chance to respond to it, he retracted it !!  :roll:

I all my years of dealing with eBay sellers, I have never had one do that before. So I left him to stew for a while, before resuming negotiations - after he'd reduced to his pie-in-the-sky Buy-it-Now price down to 'only' 850 Euros. I actually managed to get him to come down even further to 350 Euros ....

But his 'lowest price', which still didn't reflect the watch's non-running condition, was academic as far as I was concerned, because I'd already reached my maximum number of offers against that listing. He re-listed it in the first week of December, with the Buy-it-Now price further reduced to 'only' 800 Euros. I must admit I'd lost interest by that point (I was on the track of something else, rather more worth the effort of haggling). I didn't bother making him another offer, even though I had his written offer of 350 Euros 'in the bag'. The 30-day re-listing ended a few days ago. 

It reappeared on eBay again this afternoon, re-listed for another 30 days, but with a couple of differences: notably that he's increased his 'pie-in-the-sky' Buy-it-Now price back up to 999 Euros !!

Reading the latest edited version of his description, it transpires that earlier today, he finally had the watch's battery replaced and it actually runs. :)

MONTRE YEMA SPATIONAUTE III

VOL ARAGATZ SOYOUZ TM7

NOV 1988 AVEC J L CHRETIEN

IL Y A un peu plus de 30 ans

A LIRE ATTENTIVEMENT AVANT L'ACHAT

CETTE MONTRE N'A JAMAIS ETEE PORTEE

MAIS CONSERVEE DANS UN ENVIRONNEMENT TRES SAIN PAS D'HUMIDITE

CONSERVEE DANS UN BOITIER ELLE N'A PAS RECUE DE CHOCS

A FONCTIONNE AVEC PILE D'ORIGINE JUSQU'A L' ARRET

PILE CHANGEE LE 11 01 2019

GARANTIE 2 ANS (CERTIFICAT INCLUS )

VERIFICATION DE L'ETAT INTERIEUR faite

CHANGEMENT PILE fait

MECANISMES MOUVEMENTS EN ORDRE

PAS DE COULURE NI D'OXYDATION

LE BOITIER N'A ETE OUVERT QUE POUR LE CHANGEMENT

AVEC OUTILLAGE SPECIAL

LES TEST D'ETANCHEITE N'ONT PAS ETE REALISEE

LE JOINT N'A PAS ETE CHANGE

A PRENDRE EN L'ETAT

NUMEROTEE 694

AVEC BOOKLET

LIVREE SANS BRACELET

22 mm à l'attache

All I can say, if anybody fancies picking up where I left off, is - Bon Chance !  

January 11, 2019 at 4:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

This NOS Yema N8 Flygraf (actually Yema model # N80Q16) was listed late this afternoon by a US eBay seller, with an over-optimistic 'pie-in-the-sky' Buy-it-Now price of $825, or the option to make him a more realistic, much lower offer. :P

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173738915733

NOS ---Yema Flygraf----Condition is NEW unused working ! N80016--using seiko 7a38 15 Jewel Mvt.-----All original, inner, outer box and hang tag only--No instruction manual.---Sold As-Is

I've uploaded the photos for completeness' sake, but I didn't actually need to do so, because they already exist elsewhere on this forum - indeed 3 of them can be found on page 28 of this thread, where they were originally included in an eBay listing in April 2018, by the previous US eBay seller watchaddict412. Here's the end result:

January 13, 2019 at 5:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seiko7A38
Site Owner

Seiko7A38 at May 5, 2018 at 12:52 AM

Seiko7A38 at April 12, 2018 at 12:32 PM

A couple of days later, he listed another N8 Flygraf - and amazingly this one could actually genuinely be described as 'NOS'. The dial ring is correctly oriented; the case-back is still fitted with its protective sticker - and to my amazement, for once appears to be devoid of slipped tool marks !! :o

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132571268447

Needless to say, with a ludicrous Buy-it-Now price of $485, that Yema N8 Flygraf went unsold. US eBay seller watchaddict412 relisted it again at the same price and then again, reducing it slightly to $475 - with the same predictable outcome. I haven't bothered checking, but I presume he must have declined a few lower offers over that 3 week period. Because at the end of April, he changed selling tactics and re-listed it as a 7-day auction, with an opening bid price of $299. That auction ended yesterday evening, with what could well have been his last 'NOS' Yema N8 Flygraf, selling for $350.50 after 3 bids - apparently bought by a member of this forum. ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132600652400

That forum member (and eBay seller hairspring) is of course Don - who on May 6th last year, triumphantly posted how much (less) he'd paid for it - along with the same 3 ex-eBay photos in the Show and Tell - Your newest incoming 7A thread.

The other three photos that he's re-used (2 wrist shots and a pristine case-back) come from Don's post on page 76 of the WRUW thread on May 16th last year. ;)

January 13, 2019 at 6:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.